Author Topic: Yesterday, April 8, 1994.  (Read 1510 times)

I forgot to post this yesterday but here it is.

On April 8, 1994, Kurt Cobain, founder and lead of Nirvana was found dead in his home after an apparent Self Delete with a shotgun. Nobody knows for sure why he put lead in his head but people have believed it was due to his heroin addiction. Either way, he was a great man with great things. He would have made a greater band if he had been alive.

Share your thoughts on what you think. I know he's looking at us.

he vastly misunderstood what people meant by listening to lead zepplin

Am I the only person who thinks Kurt Cobain is overrated? I still like some songs by Nirvana but I don't see anything that special about him as a musician.

Am I the only person who thinks Kurt Cobain is overrated? I still like some songs by Nirvana but I don't see anything that special about him as a musician.

You may not particularly enjoy the band/person but you have to respect their approach to music and what they've done for music. Nirvana was a sound no one had heard before, and it spawned and inspired a whole new wave of artists for the next 15-20 years.

this one local station plays a lot of nirvana

i mean like a ton. no idea why

You may not particularly enjoy the band/person but you have to respect their approach to music and what they've done for music. Nirvana was a sound no one had heard before, and it spawned and inspired a whole new wave of artists for the modern era.
so stepping slightly out of a rock boundary = revolutionary? to me they just sound like a good rock band, they're fine, but don't deserve to be idolized as much as they are

I'm partial to the conspiracy that courtney love had him killed

he vastly misunderstood what people meant by listening to lead zepplin
holy stuff, that was a good one

so stepping slightly out of a rock boundary = revolutionary? to me they just sound like a good rock band, they're fine, but don't deserve to be idolized as much as they are

I literally just said they had a sound no one has heard before. This is in the early early 90's you realize right? "Stepping out of the rock boundary" is an understatement. I don't listen to them at all but I highly recognize and regard their influence to modern music.

didn't nirvana invent the grunge/garage scene?

didn't nirvana invent the grunge/garage scene?

Nirvana invented that. Green Day made it blow up in fame.

Yes
Nirvana invented that. Green Day made it blow up in fame.
yeah, they also unintentionally popularized alternative rock

that alone is worthy of recognition as an influential band

He was insane, lol. The music videos are wild. The songs are fantastic. Although I do wonder why he committed Self Delete with a shotgun,