Author Topic: Why the forget is all the anime on netflix subbed and no longer dubbed?  (Read 9617 times)

dubs are usually not too well done and i've never found it difficult to watch and read at the same time

The only dub I've ever watched was dragon ball/z. Everything else from then on is subbed because English actor's can't sync right.

I can't even watch english shows without subtitles rofl

this so loving much, i have weird hearing problems

same

Um, there should be an option to change between subbed and dubbed. At least when I had Netflix before it had an option.

i like both dubbed and subbed, but i prefer dubbed because god damn most japanese-voiced protagonists sound like they just hit puberty

Seems like im the 1% that likes dubbed anime

yeah plus original japanese anime girl voices are so much more alluring than listening to 25-year-old european/american women dubbing over young girls.

compare THIS (original japanese)
to THIS (english dub)

plus consider that in english dubbed anime there's often regional licensing issues that force the english dubbed version to cut out music from the original episode/film.
a good example of that was with the English dub of Girls Und Panzer.

the original scene
the english dubbed version of the scene with the song removed and the tetris theme inserted instead
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 01:19:27 AM by Planr »

I used to watch Attack on titan and ouran highschool host club
On netflix a year and a half ago.
That has to do with licensing, some shoes still have the dubs available (Such as FMA Brotherhood, which if it didn't, would violate the Geneva convention)

Thank GOD they are finally subbed. Dubbed anime is trash.
except for ghost stories

Yeah I mean there's a few good anime dubs like for Dragon Ball Z, but most anime dubs i've heard have made me want to rip my ears off.

why are you watching anime on netflix