Question about android.

Author Topic: Question about android.  (Read 1986 times)

So today I was talking to a friend and he said that android works better if you do not close apps on your phone as it uses more memory to open and close them than it does to keep them running.
Right now I've got a moto G 3rd gen (my last phone broke and I didn't haven't enough cash to get anything better).
I've got a problem with my 1gb of ram and I was wondering if this will help me, as Snapchat can barely put one of those effects without crashing.
Thoughts?

why don't you try it out and see if it works
use the scientific method

Have tried but haven't noticed a difference yet. Looking for someone to give me the definitive answer.

sounds like that myth about turning lights on and off uses more power than just leaving them on or off

OT: i've never heard anything like that, and idk why it would be that way

i don't know much about the subject but i did read a few things about something relevant; while this article isn't what I read, it's pretty similar insofar as the points it tries to explain about how Android handles memory usage

Sounds like a load of bs. I have an app that closes all background programs and cleans and leftover junk files from those programs to make my phone run smoother.

no my phone (also a moto g 2015, 2gb model) runs better when I don't leave stuff active in the background

What in the world is he talking about?
Yeah it's gonna take more processing power and battery life to open and close them.
But closing something is an act of removing it from memory.

Complete myth. I have a relatively lowend smartphone, I have a ram booster and hibernate button that specifically look for unneeded processes to sleep them/shut them down - otherwise, my phone all but freezes.

i don't know how people can have more than 4-5 or more apps running in the background at the same time
i can hardly stand 2

i don't know how people can have more than 4-5 or more apps running in the background at the same time
i can hardly stand 2

... huh? What do you mean?
I honestly can't remember the last time I closed a background app. Do we have a different idea of what a 'background app' is?

i have a galaxy s4 and sometimes I forget to close apps and they stack up to 15 to 20 apps in the background and I never notice my phone being unresponsive

i have a galaxy s4 and sometimes I forget to close apps and they stack up to 15 to 20 apps in the background and I never notice my phone being unresponsive
this
maybe your friend has that or something similar and that's why he would think that, heck I just now closed 15 things and my phone's still smooth as butter