Author Topic: A apology for the past and a hopeful change for the future  (Read 1859 times)

Well many may not know of me, (and no i'm not canto xe, i get asked quite often, still not sure who he is) I've been pretty toxic in the past when i was much younger and played blockland and also roamed the forums. I've been rude and fairly annoying and i want to say that i'm sorry and i hope that I've changed to be a more considerate and orderly person that i now see myself as, i hope that i can redeem myself to show that i'm really not all that bad of a person, just kind of was an annoying kid when i started off. Thanks everyone, and if anyone who has known me from past altercations, i give my most sincere of apologies and hope that you'll forgive me.

you have, despite any good intentions, done the exact opposite of what you should have done when coming back to blockland by drawing attention to your entirely unknown faults from years ago instead of showing the community you have changed via action

Should i just delete the thread or what should i do? i really did mean to apologize i just wanted to publicly do it so just in case someone I've affected in the past was able to see it, and what exactly could i do to show that i have changed?

and what exactly could i do to show that i have changed?

literally show us

You can't Delete threads

Should i just delete the thread or what should i do? i really did mean to apologize i just wanted to publicly do it so just in case someone I've affected in the past was able to see it, and what exactly could i do to show that i have changed?
you cannot delete or edit posts in drama and to show youve changed just post well and contribute via creating things or adding/creating constructive conversations with good posts

Ok, thanks for the help, and i'll remember your advice, sorry about making this post

I'd suggest PM'in Badspot in order to lock this. Otherwise, welcome back. :)

you have, despite any good intentions, done the exact opposite of what you should have done when coming back to blockland by drawing attention to your entirely unknown faults from years ago instead of showing the community you have changed via action
Why is it so bad to make an apology post for your actions?

It's apparently attention whorey but I don't see a problem

It's not against the rules, but it never looks great.

If you're making an apology topic then you probably want forgiveness for your past behaviour. Now being sorry is fine, and wanting to be forgiven is good, but it's not enough to just ask for it. The only way I can truly trust that you're not going to repeat your actions, is for you to stop doing those actions for a long time.

If you make a public apology before you've stopped acting out, then you're asking for forgiveness before you've proven to everyone that you can stop.
The other side of that is that if you stop acting out, to the point that people no longer bring up your past actions, or hate you for it, then you've already been forgiven and don't need to make a topic apologising.

And then in caxto's case, he's been gone for almost 2 years. Not many people remember him, or the trouble he may have caused.
Him making a public apology is just thrusting his long-forgotten actions back into the public eye.
It's good that it still weighs on him, and he is apologetic for how he used to behave, but no apology was necessary.
He could have just jumped back into the forums without issue. So long as he continued to not cause trouble his past would likely never come up.

If you're making an apology topic then you probably want forgiveness for your past behaviour. Now being sorry is fine, and wanting to be forgiven is good, but it's not enough to just ask for it.
I'd say sorry isn't enough if the user was habitually bad.  If what they did happened one time, like in OP's case, then a sorry is enough for me.

ok i looked at your oldest posts

cancer

ok i looked at your oldest posts

cancer
Yeah i agree with you, my older posts are atrocious