Author Topic: New gamemode idea: Shipment  (Read 1816 times)

Goal: Move the slow truck from one end of the map to the other end
This will be off balanced but, like 5v3 but there are some key features that should balence the teams.
  • Attacker will be either red or blue, while the Defenders will have camo set to which ever style of map is used (Planing for a snow themed map)
  • Round time would be around 5 minutes
  • Truck will be slow moving, taking around 2.5 minutes for it to go across the map, Truck will be Night_hawk's NHM SVT Raptor with a edit to go much slower, and only one seat
  • Attackers would be a tad bit faster than the truck, while the Defenders would stay at normal speed (or faster if needed)
  • Defenders would have places to hide along the road
  • Also the idea was mainly thought of as a very team oriented server, invite only and also using discord channels for teams

just some basic ideas that could be expanded on. Feedback would be nice.
I do plan to work on this with a couple other people

team based blockland game modes are incredibly hard to manage.

team based blockland game modes are incredibly hard to manage.
also people don't usually use tactics, but rather just throw themselves at the enemy

I think this belongs into Suggestions and Requests, unless you're making this, then I think this is a great idea.

Also the idea was mainly thought of as a very team oriented server, invite only and also using discord channels for teams
not happening sorry

I think this belongs into Suggestions and Requests, unless you're making this, then I think this is a great idea.
I do plan on creating it, so this would stay here as a progress thread.
not happening sorry
The plan is kinda like what McZealot does with his d&d server. Host it every once in a while and have a thread telling people when it is hosted. Also by telling people on steam.

also people don't usually use tactics, but rather just throw themselves at the enemy
This

This
The point of the discord is so people can use voice chat for team work.
And
The plan is kinda like what McZealot does with his d&d server. Host it every once in a while and have a thread telling people when it is hosted. Also by telling people on steam.

The point of the discord is so people can use voice chat for team work.
And
there just won't be enough people using discord and voice chat for it to be fun.

You wouldn't even need discord for this anyway. There's been more involved things that have been more successful without voip.

I'm basically making this, except that instead of driving a vehicle, the players are pushing a bomb.

this is just like "extraction" on Battlefront 3

there just won't be enough people using discord and voice chat for it to be fun.
I tried to organize a blockland tournament a while ago and i wanted a requirement for people to use teamspeak, and noone used the teamspeak, so the tournament was called off.

Why do you need teamspeak for a tournament?
Besides, Discord is much more easier to set up and get into anyway.