Author Topic: A '''fix''' for the decals  (Read 669 times)

Although this is not exactly a fix, it should help on the making of decals for the people who are getting into making them (if there are any)
the thing is, decals are so forgeted up and I saw that some people dont even mind to fix their decals somehow
if you draw a decal normally they look fine in the program but in game they are cut

I put this into the game to see how much was cut from the decal

this is how it looks ingame

So this one is the '''fix''', everything that is red will not visible ingame, so you are free to draw INSIDE

WARNING: If you draw or color stuff at the red part, the color will appear in the back of your avatar
ingame

This is a quick decal I made using the red thingy decal to show how effective this was, I guess it was ok

Since decals seem to be so forgeted up here are some things to check
- it may or may not work idk
- this removes a lot of pixels that could be used (about 80 vertically)
- this is a gay fix (probably not that accurate), there are probably others that good decal-makers have that make their decals perfect

I hope this could help some people that want to make their own decals and have problems
also if you have a better solutions post please
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 12:03:52 AM by Checko2100 »

makes sense, thanks!

By using Port's DTS import plugin for Blender, you can actually use the UVs from the front of the torso and face of the m.dts file as a good reference

Face_DummyFace.zip | Decal_DummyDecal.zip

thanks, thats a much more cleaner one