Vehicle Collision Enhancer

Author Topic: Vehicle Collision Enhancer  (Read 6003 times)

Vehicle Collision Enhancer

What is this?

This add-on increases the work done by the game in order to detect vehicle collisions. This makes it a lot more difficult to drive through things.

What is this not?

This add-on does not fix vehicle collision resolution. It improves the detection of collisions, but it will not fix getting stuck in things (though it'll be less likely, since collisions will be detected earlier) or being employed in the space program against your will.

Preferences

$Pref::Server::VehicleCollisionIntegration (integer between 1 and 512, default for this add-on is 64)
The amount of work to do for each frame in order to detect vehicle collisions. Most vehicle add-ons use 4 by default, and this add-on will set it to 64. If you're using a dedicated server and it doesn't work well enough, feel free to increase this. This will adversely affect performance. If this add-on is slowing down your server too much and you think you'll be fine with less precision, you can decrease it. If you want to change it while a server is running, enter applyVehicleCollisionFix(); in the console after you change it.

Download

Download Server_VehicleCollisionFix.zip from justfilehosting.space.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 05:25:33 PM by portify »

Some real portify magic right here.

Oh boy here come the replies!

it's like throwing a water balloon at a great big bonfire
it helps a bit
but not much
spaaaaaaaaace!

are you sure 64 is a good default number? my server starts dying with more than 6 vehicles with an integration above 16

yeah my server just collapses with more than like 10 vehicles at once with 64 integration
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 05:19:46 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

that title is going to get a lot of clicks lol

it's like throwing a water balloon at a great big bonfire
it helps a bit
but not much
spaaaaaaaaace!
It doesn't fix the whole flying thing. That's not a collision error. It's just a physics error which happens to be caused by collisions.

This just makes collisions happen more often instead of just, going right through things.

are you sure 64 is a good default number? my server starts dying with more than 6 vehicles with an integration above 16

It's a very situational setting so it's hard to recommend the default. I don't think any high values should be used much outside of dedicated servers, or with reasonably powerful hardware.

What kind of vehicle interaction is happening on your server? You could always lower the value for your server, of course. Personally I use 128 in some cases on my racing server.

maybe you should rename the title to "Vehicle Collision Enhancer" or something like that

maybe you should rename the title to "Vehicle Collision Enhancer" or something like that

I could change the title to something similar but I'm not going to rename the actual add-on file at this point.

What kind of vehicle interaction is happening on your server? You could always lower the value for your server, of course. Personally I use 128 in some cases on my racing server.
its just spawning them in, they're not even moving and the server just Self Deletes
it might be that my server's cpu isn't up to spec for this though i don't really know

I could change the title to something similar but I'm not going to rename the actual add-on file at this point.
the title is all that really matters

Maybe lower the default value then? It sounds that even 8 or 10 is a considerable improvement from the default 4. A lot of users are going to download this and not be intelligent/knowledgeable enough to change it and complain the mod breaks their server when the setting is just too high for them to use.

Great job at popping so many damn addons, so fast.