Author Topic: Starting HRT today! (blogland)  (Read 841 times)

So ive been planning to go on Estrogen for a while now, and its finally happening! I was expecting to be able to start at some point this month, but the other day, the doctor said that if I was ready, I could start Estradiol now and then start Spiro (prevents testosterone production) in 2 weeks! I just took my first pill this morning and I'm a bit overly excited, it's a huge relief. I'll post more pics as effects start to show, and I'm definitely looking into voice training and laser hair removal, but I just thought I'd give an update on this since my trans thread is too old to bump.

Hooray for not being stuck looking like a boy!

Congrats! Hope it goes well for you.

Question, do you keep your snake

make sure you get those over the hedge eyebrows done

wtf ive been on a waitlist since forever

Congratulations. Just remember, don't forget to take the pills because if you do, the hormone levels will drop, making you feel like utter stuff and if that happens, don't take more pills to "balance" it out, it will make you hyper-bitchy, especially since you're going to be taking estrogen pills.

wtf ive been on a waitlist since forever
What country are you in? In the US it's typically pretty easy, but in other countries (especially Canada, the UK, and anywhere else with government healthcare) it can be painstaking and take years. I actually feel pretty guilty for being here.

I actually feel pretty guilty for being here.
unproud American detected

what would George Washington think

What country are you in? In the US it's typically pretty easy, but in other countries (especially Canada, the UK, and anywhere else with government healthcare) it can be painstaking and take years. I actually feel pretty guilty for being here.
I dunno, it still took me a year and a half just to get from "I'd like to start" to actually speaking with an endocrinologist. I'm not really convinced it's oh so much better here.

I dunno, it still took me a year and a half just to get from "I'd like to start" to actually speaking with an endocrinologist. I'm not really convinced it's oh so much better here.
I got lucky with a good doctor (very experienced with trans teens), but there's informed consent which doesn't require waiting. Not all places are as good though, I imagine if you're in a rural or conservative area it might be a bit more difficult. I'm in Seattle, so that's probably an ideal city. I've heard around that the US is typically better, though.

netherlands yep

inject it directly into your left toe

if you want to feel good about yourself in a few years start a timelapse photo-a-day