what is a good first phone?

Author Topic: what is a good first phone?  (Read 1822 times)

so since i kind of want to buy my first phone, what do you think would be a good phone to start out with?
also, would it be better for me to buy my own phone plan, or to add my line to mom's plan and pay the difference instead?

help me blf

Iphone because it's very simple to use

Iphone because it's very simple to use
not so simple for my wallet tho

they cost the same as any flagship android

and after all u usually just get one with a subscription

If you're looking for a cheap plan you could try straighttalk. They run directly off of the Verizon towers and there's no contract involved. You could probably find a refurbished Galaxy S4 or S4 for a couple hundread dollars. Just make sure the phone is compatible for conversion from Verizon to straighttalk.

I use an LG L70, it is great

I use an LG L70, it is great
My friend has this phone with some cheapo tracfone plan and its unbearably slow and doesn't hold a charge longer than a few hours.

My friend has this phone with some cheapo tracfone plan and its unbearably slow and doesn't hold a charge longer than a few hours.
Mine doesn't use tracfone and it's a good speed for a first phone. Plus it wont destroy your wallet either and it's simple to use.

Plus my battery lasts for days easily

If you're not interested in downloading every 'app' that gets advertised anywhere, you could try a Windows phone. It's a pretty unique user experience that I've found a lot nicer than apple or android, really the only downside is that most apps 'made for smartphones' aren't developed for windows phone.

AT&T has been selling subsidized Nokia Lumia 640's for their prepaid phone plans. They're worth about $100 but you can pick them up from a lot of places for $30, the only catch is that they're initially locked to AT&T service. They usually sell them at Walmart and Best Buy, take a look around because it's a pretty nice phone for dirt cheap.

why would you put your phone in your wallet what
edit: oh whoops lol I'm an idiot

Then don't go with the best one.

Nexus 5.  It's a few years old, but it's a very reliable phone, and on the cheaper side.

am I the last person on earth with a not smartphone
like holy forget I just have a korean bootleg blackberry that barely has an internet browser
y'all are spoiled as forget