HTC Vive Topic (ITS ALIVE!)

Author Topic: HTC Vive Topic (ITS ALIVE!)  (Read 3231 times)

the only vr i tried was the oculus rift dk2. it was so loving disorienting and the games reminded me of those from 1998. from what i'm hearing of the vive, i need to experience it at least once.

the only thing that'd make the vive better is to have haptic gloves or some stuff
if you get this reference i love you

got a message saying that my order has been boxed and is ready to ship. but it hasnt shipped.

not for 6 days. people who purchased on the same day are getting it within 2-3 days. htc customer support is dartboard

It arrives tomorrow!

I'd love to try a vive but there's no chance I'll even see one, let alone try it.

I cleared up my room, pushing some dog crates and shelves behind my bed to open up a wider playspace.

I'd love to try a vive but there's no chance I'll even see one, let alone try it.
If you live in a decent-sized city, try posting on /r/Vive to see if anyone would let you try theirs. I see offers going up all the time on there.

personally i love my oculus rift. unfortunately tho i have to be some form of inebriated (drunk rn lol) to actually be legitimately convinced im in whatever it is im playing. i just got done playing an oculus demo where trees where falling past you and i still felt the compulsive need to dodge all the falling limbs. luckily i knew what i was getting and expected a product that was shotty, and i also didnt get it to be fully immersed anyways, so im not disappointed with the dk2 rift

but i really wish i had the added support of moving around in rooms. i want to start making virtual tours of stuff with photogrammetry and the HTC vive would be perfect for it. unfortunately i dont have the money for that, so i might invest in some hand controllers and see how the oculus compares, but im probably gonna save up and get an htc vive, or maybe even the microsoft hololens dev kit \:) but probably not cus that stuffs 3k dollars

would definitely like to see what you do with the HTC vive. i love virtual reality headsets <3
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 05:51:06 PM by mod-man »

Having major technical difficulties. SteamVR is having a ton of software errors and my headset isnt being detected.

Aw man, sorry dude. I can't think of much to do unless you try updating your video drivers and checking to make sure your USB isn't a 2.0

This is why I won't be buying the vive until all the bugs are smoothened out, good luck fixing it though.

It's working! The fix was surprisingly simple--it has to be plugged into the same GPU as my dominant monitor. This wasn't stated anywhere, but a kind soul on Reddit informed me of it. It's working great even in my small space, and I'm super excited!

I'm so glad google cardboard is a thing because I would never be able to buy an Oculus or a Vive, I might get one set up at some point