Servers expected to be minigames

Author Topic: Servers expected to be minigames  (Read 3467 times)

Maybe it's in the bit labelled Join?

Oh, come on, I added massive comments explaining what nearly every function in Team DM does...

When I make big mods, they get pretty complicated. I've added every feature I could think of - you're asking me to remove features because you say so.

I said skimed not read every single line pluss i had hardly any idea what I was looking for....

Still more would help...

I was just saying if you make something this big then you could at least label the things that are ify about people wanting or not....... I still don't see how I implied you should have less features sorry for your lack of understanding i really am.....

I still don't see how I implied you should have less features sorry for your lack of understanding i really am.....

You're telling him to remove the help message when people join, I think that would be classed as a feature. You clearly have no understanding of TorqueScript whatsoever, therefore i'm sorry for your lack of intelligence, but not really.

No.

The team deathmatch message is desplayed no matter if it is running or not.  Then latter another person came and just started shooting at me wile I was building.

I fail to see how this makes it not your fault.  If you run ice cream mods, don't blame other people when they're confused.  Furthermore, it's not like a few bullets hitting you is going to ruin your day.  Either disable the team deathmatch add-on or be prepared to explain it to people. 
How I view it is that it's my server so if someone comes into my server and starts bugging me right away I don't see why I want them to continue to be in my server, so I gave them a three day ban.  Chances are that they won't try to join my server even if I host within the next three days, and I'm teaching them not to join a server and just start shooting people.

I am generally more forgiving on other servers but when I want to just build and have my server up so others can join and comment on it if they want and they just annoy me, I see no reason to keep them on my server.

The poor chap was probably just confused: he was promised a deathmatch - but where is it?

Maybe he thought he was in a deathmatch so he fired a few shots your way - and i'f you'd given him enough time before cruelly banning him, he might have realised that his bullets were doing no damage and that something was terribly wrong.

Now that you have the advantage of hindsight at your disposal you should now have realised that the most appropriate and user-friendly course of action would be to have attempted to agree on some sort of medium of communcation by which you could inform him of his aberrations to ultimately reach a reconciliation of sorts.

I started this topic saying that I never said it was a deathmatch but it was assumed that it was.

Space Guy, make it so instead of when they spawn, it shows when they join ANY minigame. easy.

when i don't want a deathmatch, i disable all weapons before i even open the server.

that way no one is shooting guns.    doi

You're telling him to remove the help message when people join, I think that would be classed as a feature. You clearly have no understanding of TorqueScript whatsoever, therefore i'm sorry for your lack of intelligence, but not really.

Call it what you may but that’s not a feature so much as it's a set of un-needed instructions.
When a large company makes a list of features for their new product do they label a pop-up "how to" box a feature? Or do they hide it as a helpful thing-a-majig that would cost millions to change and still meet their ship date? If they learn that what they have is not what the buyers want but its to late and its insignificantly small like the "how to" they try and hide it
and then send your calls to a phone love place instead of their tech support (every thing i know about companies I learnt from The Dilbert Principle various comic strips and a book on object oriented design in Java that used a example like the one I just said)

People were getting confused on how to play the game modes. Some people like their welcome message and do not want to change it to explain "How To Play". The sorts of people who got stuck were also the sort who never use the help commands. (/tdmhelp) I added the automatic message to solve this problem. It worked.

In my opinion anybody that does not instinctively doesn't know how to play Team Deathmatch shouldn't play it because they usually end up launching you with the shotgun.

I advise this to people in my server as a useful tactic. :cookieMonster:

I meant it more for the instructions of the game modes, C&R, Siege, etc. which some people may not have played before. (CTF should be obvious though)

I didn't meen any disrespect I know that it is important to have a "help" but mabey something like it only pops up once or only if you hit your own team? (I don't know if that is posible with torque all I can make are wepons and vehicles)