Author Topic: Servers expected to be minigames  (Read 3465 times)

I was working on my BAN app when someone joined and spawned and got the team death match message.  He then got really happy and I told him I wasn't running a minigame.  After a small amount of time he left.
Latter someone else joined and just started shooting me.  I replied with a humble 3 day ban.

Why are servers expected to be deathmatches or some form of minigame?  This is a building game...

Solution porperly name your servers :D , also this is just a game not a building game .

Badspot

• Administrator
So you tricked a guy into thinking you were running a death match, then banned him for it.  Good job.  Thanks for making Blockland that much worse. 

No.

The team deathmatch message is desplayed no matter if it is running or not.  Then latter another person came and just started shooting at me wile I was building.

Its the team DM Add-on, you join and it makes a message that says the TDM rules. Very confusing if there is not mini game set. I think that needs to be fixed.

Solution porperly name your servers :D , also this is just a game not a building game .
My server was named laremere's server, and the welcome message was "working on BAN app".  That should imply that it isn't a minigame.

And wile blockland isn't just building, it's annoying that you have to say it's a building server all over the place...

Yeah, that needs to be fixed, i may get rid of team dm, seeing as i rarely use it anyway :\

Then again, i rarely start servers

Its the team DM Add-on, you join and it makes a message that says the TDM rules. Very confusing if there is not mini game set. I think that needs to be fixed.
Many people kept joining my server and not knowing how to play the game modes I was testing, so I made it do /tdmhelp (same message) as you spawn.

Many people kept joining my server and not knowing how to play the game modes I was testing, so I made it do /tdmhelp (same message) as you spawn.
And its fail'd. Like everything else you do :cookieMonster:

Badspot

• Administrator
No.

The team deathmatch message is desplayed no matter if it is running or not.  Then latter another person came and just started shooting at me wile I was building.

I fail to see how this makes it not your fault.  If you run stuff mods, don't blame other people when they're confused.  Furthermore, it's not like a few bullets hitting you is going to ruin your day.  Either disable the team deathmatch add-on or be prepared to explain it to people. 

Ya the message is anoying on non DM's so im gona cut that part of the script out later today on my server and i sugest if you make a new TDM mod space have that as a optiopn.

so im gona cut that part of the script out later today on my server

$20 says we find a help topic in the Coding Help forum in a bit.

Actually i just scimed threw all the .cs for TDM and couldn't find it 8P.
Spaceguy can you please make more comments (// things but you knew that) to help explain your code? Or do you not want people changing it and claming its their own?
Mabey you could just post a help topic or a updated version of TDM?

so im gona cut that part of the script out later today on my server

$20 says we find a help topic in the Coding Help forum in a bit.
Close, its below you. :-P

Actually i just scimed threw all the .cs for TDM and couldn't find it 8P.
Maybe it's in the bit labelled Join?

Spaceguy can you please make more comments
Oh, come on, I added massive comments explaining what nearly every function in Team DM does...

Or do you not want people changing it and claming its their own?
When I make big mods, they get pretty complicated. I've added every feature I could think of - you're asking me to remove features because you say so.

Change line 1765 from
Code: [Select]
servercmdTdmHelp(%this);to
//servercmdTdmHelp(%this);
Alternately, put this in console:
$Pref::TeamDM::DefaultDesc = "Whatever random message you want as people spawn";
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 02:15:02 PM by Space Guy »