Author Topic: Blogland: Made my PC fresh again  (Read 805 times)

I decided to completely reinstall my PC. Yep, all of my programs, everything else besides what I backed up, gone. Why?

Because Windows 10 was torture + I just wanted a fast experience again.
For months I enjoyed Windows 10, but overtime, I started noticing things. Programs not working, apps being odd, things just straight up being wrong.

Then yesterday happened. I couldn't install any drivers. For anything. Not one. I couldn't even get installers to install their drivers, which prevented me from reinstalling iTunes to jailbreak my mother's iPad.

At that point, I had enough. I got my Windows 7 Ultimate DVD (legitimate, of course) and I cleared out all of it today. It took me a sec to get everything fixed because I had to reinstall the drivers (by the way, DriverPack is great software and got everything i needed installed installed), which involved me USB tethering my phone. Wasn't too much of a problem, but a slight inconvenience.

And now I'm back to where everything's fine and working again. Going to restore my game saves with Gamesave Manager later and get everything I had on a redownload txt installed again.

I hate Windows 10, and I'm glad I have Windows 7 back.

And a side note: Get GWX Control Panel if you don't want Windows 10 magically reappearing. Blocks it all out for you, nice and well.

Anyone else having major problems with Windows 10 that are annoying?

After a few months with 10 last year I just went straight back to windows 8.1, I loving hate 10.

I've really been needing to do exactly that to my laptop. Had this thing for years now, and it's really needs the plumbing cleaned out :p