14 (21.9%)
Im not very well known, but I have a few friends
11 (17.2%)
Im a nobody
4 (6.3%)
I have zero friends and im a loser
7 (10.9%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: are you popular in school  (Read 1089 times)

answer honestly pls, was just kinda curious

I don't know how you'd define popular. If you mean it by the definition of "lots of friends" then no, I prefer to have a smaller, more close group of friends than a larger, looser group. If you mean "well liked," then yeah. I'd say I'm fairly well liked, I don't currently have any problems with anyone at school and I think most people have either a neutral or positive opinion about me.

A lot of people now know my face after I went around the school asking everyone if they'd suck a richard for a million dollars.

A lot of people now know my face after I went around the school asking everyone if they'd suck a richard for a million dollars.
that is a great legacy to leave behind

When I was in the states I kept off the radar with a small group of people to the side of the lunch room. Was better that way, everyone else was either an starfish or superficial. I don't mean to be 'le higher level intellect' or anything but I grew up humble, spent most of my time in a southern correctional boarding college, and by the time I was supposed to have friends I was in some rich tight ass suburb wearing a flannel and jeans and everyone else was exclusively wearing polos, khaki shorts and boat shoes. Me and some other middle-class kids who didn't fit in grouped together off to the side and convinced ourselves we were better off that way until a couple years later when half of them either ended up in fraternities getting stufffaced every night or moved to the other side of the country to get a degree in dancing.

When I moved to Australia I ended up in another middle-class suburb but with the way aus works it doesn't really matter. Despite going to a private school I never had issues with trying to fit in based on your wealth class because everyone had uniforms, so the social ladder essentially boiled down to how many chicks you could pull at the local club. Even though I had no interest in romanticized night life I was still very popular because Americans are apparently a rare breed in Western Australia, everybody knew my name, but it wasn't long before I had marginalized myself off to the side again, so by the time school ended and I walked away with only a handful of new friends, despite knowing everyone a year below me kek

High school 'popularity' is a pipe dream and doesn't count for squat later in life. Should rather focus on making meaningful relationships than chasing after hierarchies.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 09:46:01 AM by Rally »

I'm popular in a bad way. I'm known at my school for getting ticked off really easily lol. But that was a long time ago, I don't know why people still even go on about that stuff.

people know me very well. i'm practically always in the newspaper, i've seen/heard kids in the lunchroom point at me and tell their tablemates "that's the smartest kid in this school," i'm the pledge/morning announcements/lunch menu/birthday reader, i'm the commander of my AFJROTC unit, i'm practically in charge of my EAST class, etc etc. pretty much everyone at my school knows me, even if it's just by my voice

yes because i got suspended for making a joke about someone in a coma

pretty neutral, don't go far out of my social circle unless im buying smokes or alcohol for students that ask.
so i guess neutral/positive since im rlly nice and don't ask for anything when i get them stuff unless they insist on it

I'm known for entertaining people by doing weird / funny stuff, some idiot started this stupid loving rumor that I'm gay though, I have no idea why.

Yeah they have pictures of me all over the place.
Dunno what all the "if seen please contact authorities" business is about tho :/

I was well known last year, but almost all of my friends have either moved, transferred, or pretty much dropped out over the course of last summer and this year.

I'm extremely popular with the band members and the freshman class knows who i am but because i'm a freshman i'm not known on a school-wide scale

i also know a stuff ton of juniors

everybody knows who I am

All those kids meow at me everyday 😎