Author Topic: Monitor is doing nothing  (Read 1937 times)

My monitor just shut off last night but computer was still on. Figured that everything would be fine after a restart. Nope not the case.
Right now my computer is on and i assume working fine, except that now my monitor refuses to display anything. It is also on, it will show the menus, but i cant switch between anything on them

Press Windows key and P at the same time and select "Extend"

Give it something to do, silly.

Give the cords a wiggle.
Everything can be solved with a good wiggle.

Press Windows key and P at the same time and select "Extend"
um, i cant see anything, thats the problem

Also already wiggled the cords, no dice

um, i cant see anything, thats the problem
Oh I thought you said you could see the menus on the second monitor.

Check the cables on both front and back of the montor and press them extra hard

this could be signs of early onset depression, you should sit down and have a talk with it
some activities i would suggest would be:
exercise
a hobby
social events

hope this helps :-)

replugging in my videocard didnt work

Oh I thought you said you could see the menus on the second monitor.

Check the cables on both front and back of the montor and press them extra hard
well I think for whatever reason is happening and I dont know why its stuck on it is that its switched to power saving mode as if my computer was sleeping or something
also when I press the menu button on it, it does flick on and display the menu, but doesnt allow me to switch between them for some reason

the monitor in question is a lg flatron 27ea31v-b
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 01:55:44 PM by Spartan923 »

looks like switching to a HDMI cable worked
dunno for how long or why it even happened but whatever

"Monitor is doing nothing"

Bad parenting probably.

man I dont get it, whenever I post here for help I just mostly stuffty jokes, but anyone else they usually get some decent help

If it doesn't work with a new cable or through your integrated graphics the monitor is probably fubared.
If a different cable fixes the problem it was probably the cable.
If integrated graphics work then your GPU is toast. (But you should've gotten a big error if that happened)

Wew loving lad, that hdmi just starting doing the same forgetin thing, guess its time to go buy some new cables

unless the cables are visibly broken or extremely old I doubt new cables will fix your issue

cant help beyond that but don't waste money on new cables you might not need

It's the damn Mexicans stealing your monitor's electricity. Build a firewall into your desktop's internet Border and make your user experience great again!