Author Topic: unable to connect to friend's server  (Read 846 times)

i haven't played blockland in a good while and decided to try joining one of my friend's servers. however, whenever i try to join, it hangs at "connection accepted" without doing anything. i've left it for upwards of 10 minutes and it's done nothing.

i've restarted the client, tried connecting both with and without upnp, connected with hamachi running and then tried without, and he's tried restarting the server and then tried restarting his client. we thought the issue might be that i didn't have the slayer addon and client installed, so i installed both of them and still got stuck at "connection accepted". it does show up with a ping in the server list and other people have successfully connected to it.

here's the relevant section of my console.log side-by-side with his:

any idea of what's going on?

post-writing all this:
i'm wondering if it's possibly an issue on my end, because the other servers i try to connect to also hang on "connection accepted". i'm still able to send and receive messages, i just can't go past "connection accepted"

yeah it might be your end if its happening to multiple servers on the list

Maybe dig through your router's security configuration? Make sure that UDP isn't specifically blocked in any way, make sure that UpnP is enabled.

If all else fails, you can try temporarily disabling your router's firewall and other security features and testing it then. If it still doesn't work at that point you can probably rule out the router as a cause. If it turns out that some security feature is hindering Blockland, then it might be time to look for a new router (keeping your firewall completely disabled isn't a good idea).

i connected to another server just fine after restarting blockland, but i still can't connect to my friend's server

doublepost, but i notice that my friend's connection is using 28000 but his .log says that i'm using 39499. could that be an issue?

Client port doesn't matter

Chances are the friend needs to port forward their server if you are able to connect to other servers

Client port doesn't matter

Chances are the friend needs to port forward their server if you are able to connect to other servers
funnily enough, i port forwarded to 28000 and tried connecting and it worked perfectly after that. idk why doing that fixed it though, he didn't port forward or anything (like i said, everyone else could connect just fine, just not me)