Author Topic: Birthday coming up; Looking at getting a nice pair of headphones as a gift.  (Read 1521 times)

Any suggestions? Budget is fairly loose, but definitely no more than $150, and I would prefer a little less than that.

I plan to use them for a wide variety of music listening and some gaming, so a fairly balanced audio is preferred. Also, for me, comfort and build quality is very important, and I'm willing to sacrifice on the sound for those a little bit.

So yeah, any suggestions? I still have a little time, but I don't really know where to start.

ATH-M50s

i don't even own a pair but that's what you're going to see for the next few pages probably, and i agree

ATH-M50s

i don't even own a pair but that's what you're going to see for the next few pages probably
Eh, I've heard that those are studio headphones, which means they're a little too balanced. They're good for creating audio, not listening. If there's one pair I've done some research on it's the M50(x)s.

Eh, I've heard that those are studio headphones, which means they're a little too balanced. They're good for creating audio, not listening. If there's one pair I've done some research on it's the M50(x)s.
so you want a pair of headphones with more bass?

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-GAME-ONE-Gaming-Headset/dp/B00GWU8FTK

superb build quality, great "jack of all trades" sound, and doubles as a gaming headset

so you want a pair of headphones with more bass?
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-GAME-ONE-Gaming-Headset/dp/B00GWU8FTK

superb build quality, great "jack of all trades" sound, and doubles as a gaming headset
OOh, I will definitely look into this. Thanks!

Bump

Still keeping the above options in mind, but not sure yet...

Logitech G430's are good. I don't use the USB adapter because I get static, though.

ATH-M40X

I don't listen to EDM at all so the normal bass is fine for me, but you can up it quite a lot with an equalizer.

Logitech G430's are good. I don't use the USB adapter because I get static, though.
Careful with this one though. They're pretty well held together by two small plastic squares. I also don't like how they're supposed to be surround sound but the only thing the surround has ever worked on was a PS4. You're supposed to download some program for Windows/Mac but all that even does is remix stereo into surround and still doesn't work properly with things that are supposed to be surround to begin with.

ATH-M50s

i don't even own a pair but that's what you're going to see for the next few pages probably, and i agree

the ath-M30s are pretty darn good, too. anything by audio-technica is solid tbh

Apple earbuds.
The old ones.

Preferrably used ones that are covered in earwax.

I'll keep these in mind, thanks!
Apple earbuds.
The old ones.

Preferrably used ones that are covered in earwax.
ew no I hate pretty much all earbuds.

As for the Audio Technicas, those are still both studio headphones, which aren't really meant for audio consumption...

I'll keep these in mind, thanks!ew no I hate pretty much all earbuds.

As for the Audio Technicas, those are still both studio headphones, which aren't really meant for audio consumption...

dude, I use them every day to listen to music. they are absolutely wonderful.

dude, I use them every day to listen to music. they are absolutely wonderful.
how comfortable are they?