Author Topic: Blockland appears to be completely broken.  (Read 1055 times)

Ace

Right, so for some reason, whenever I attempt to start up Blockland, all that happens is the console comes up and displays the regular startup information, then repeats that over and over and over. Nothing else happens.

I've included the console log.

If thi is vista you have do the security thing

Ace

Not using Vista. Windows XP.

I don't know what to tell you. I'm horrible with anything involving computers, so I have no idea. I'm sure you'll get it fixed with the help of someone on this forum.

Ace

Yeah, hopefully. The help board is rarely looked at.

Try cleaning out your add-on/client folder

Did you install any addons, particularly any that modify things outside the add-ons folder? Have you tried re-installing Blockland yet, and it continues to do this even after installing it? When did this start happening? I'm assuming you've been able to play before. Did you recently update your computer, install any other programs, or update your drivers?

Ace

I was able to play just fine earlier this afternoon. It just started happening about an hour ago. Earlier while I was hosting a server, a friend of mine sent me a few scripts to use in-game. I had begun to execute some of them, and decided to do the rest later. I was guessing that those scripts had something to do with the problem, so I deleted all of those. The problem still occurs, however. I haven't done a total re-install yet (deleting everything and starting out fresh), but I did download the installer again and install on top of the current Blockland, to refresh everything. Nothing has proven to be helpful yet.

Are you running the exe to use it, or a batch file?

You probably have some stuffty Add-On installed.  Try disabling all your Add-Ons via "Add-Ons/ADD_ONS_LIST.cs" or whatever it's called.

Add-Ons/main.cs?

That file shouldn't exist. Delete it.

The game looks for a main.cs, If it found one in add-ons, then it won't find the game files and it'll bugger up. Your add-ons/main.cs must be deleted immediately to fix it.

Ace

You guys were right, that "main.cs" in the Add-Ons didn't belong there. I have no idea how it ended up there in the first place, but it's gone now, and Blockland is working again. Thanks guys.