Author Topic: IfPlayerDatablock Event: Does anyone have it?  (Read 591 times)

Good day everyone.  I'm just posting this because Gatysh (Discord name) was interested in using this add-on, which was created in 2009:

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=67442.30

I have looked at the add-on myself and thought it would come in pretty useful. (invalid text about cache was inserted here)

The reason why I ask if anyone has it handy is because the original link no longer works.  If you could check your add-ons folder, (invalid text about cache was inserted here), it would be much appreciated if you could share the file for us to use.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 04:25:26 AM by C-Zech Chrome Ind. »

cache.db won't store code, it just stores stuff like models and sounds rather than having them downloaded directly into your add-ons folder as was the case before

this mod in looks like it might run on a really old, outdated version of VCE anyway which would probably be fairly troublesome to find. this seems like something that might be possible to accomplish with the current version of VCE alone (though i haven't worked with it in a while so i can't be sure). i also can't seem to find this on an RTB archive so it was probably an old RTB2 add-on lost to time

cache.db won't store code, it just stores stuff like models and sounds rather than having them downloaded directly into your add-ons folder as was the case before

this mod in looks like it might run on a really old, outdated version of VCE anyway which would probably be fairly troublesome to find. this seems like something that might be possible to accomplish with the current version of VCE alone (though i haven't worked with it in a while so i can't be sure). i also can't seem to find this on an RTB archive so it was probably an old RTB2 add-on lost to time

Ah thank you very much.  I never fully understood how the cache worked before.

Yes, Gatysh talked about using the current VCE system to do it, but he says it's cumbersome/fiddly(?) and he said that he would prefer using a compact event.  Anyway, thank you for your time.