▌⚤⚢⚣⚥⚧▐ LGBT Pride/Awareness/Support Month (New Poll!) >Request Gay Avatars Here

Poll

Are you a supporter of LGBTQA+ individuals/rights?

Yes
25 (52.1%)
No
23 (47.9%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: ▌⚤⚢⚣⚥⚧▐ LGBT Pride/Awareness/Support Month (New Poll!) >Request Gay Avatars Here  (Read 27037 times)

does the a in lgbtqa+ stand for austitigender

swollow would you be mad at me if I asked you to edit an avatar for me like every saturday during this month
they will be remarkably similar to this one
sure
not LGBT, but I believe in their rights so I did something akin to the ally flag

you dont need to be lgbt to have a rainbow avatar or show support
and here I am just trying to figure out these six pairings lmao
half girls??

what is the world coming to
the half/half represents anything that isn't male/female because some people don't like to identify as a binary gender
does the a in lgbtqa+ stand for austitigender
it stands for aloveual

I identify as a poltergeist

the half/half represents anything that isn't male/female because some people don't like to identify as a binary gender

did you expect me to make a topic about accepting lgbt+ individuals and then exclude people?
the whole point is that people can be who they are and it won't affect you in any way

did you expect me to make a topic about accepting lgbt+ individuals and then exclude people?
the whole point is that people can be who they are and it won't affect you in any way
to be fair it's not like there's a chromosome pair for an "in between" gender. XX is female, XY is male, and that's all there is to it. reality isn't what you make it, it's just what it is.
(very rarely, there are XXY, X, XXX, etc chromosomes, but most interlove people do not have this)

but that's not the point - even if I think it's odd, it doesn't matter what someone else says their gender is, since it doesn't make any difference in my life. so I'll just nod my head and call them what they want me to. it's a matter of being polite.

even though biology doesn't agree, swollow's point is that an lgbt thread isn't the place for exclusion even if it's silly

even though biology doesn't agree, swollow's point is that an lgbt thread isn't the place for exclusion even if it's silly
The whole thing about gender has nothing to do with what love organs someone has, in this explanation below, gender is not describing what loveual/reproductive organs someone has, and if you actually want to get some understanding or scope into what this whole concept is like please read this whole thing, if you are already off put about my initial disclaimer I beg that you read this with an open mind because it's hard for anyone to understand something that they have no experience with

Gender dysphoria is an issue people face and it is due to a mostly chemical problem within someones brain. We as humans have evolved to a point where as humans we have very complex brains that are capable of so many different things and emotions and feeling like you are a different gender and or hating your body as you were born is essentially a mutation in the brain, and this is something that obviously happens to people, for example transgender people who are very uncomfortable with who they are being a very real issue, and it has to do with the brain, and its something that they make a shift in their live that improves it for them and makes them happy and able to accept who they are even if they were not born that way.

In a similar way sometimes people are not comfortable as being just male/female, this is generally referred to as non-binary gender
I know a few people who feel like they are a girl and they're like "I knew it, this is who I'm happy as", and then maybe a few weeks later they say "I'm wrong, I'm probably just a boy." They go back and forth and are never really satisfied with who they are, sometimes this isn't a gender problem and they are dissatisfied with their life and they think that being a different gender will fix this, sometimes they just want to feel special and like people will find them interesting, but sometimes this is a very real struggle in their lives; similar to transgender people, however they face the issue where they are never happy with either side.
On another hand, sometimes people who identify as non-binary gender are people who are scared to fully transition to being the other gender because of stigma in society, the threat that their family and friends will not accept them for who they are

Now I will not argue with you guys, there are most definitely a percentage of people who make up names for genders and choose to identify as some special term, and the best thing you can do with them is just ignore it, just refer to them how they want to be and don't make a deal about it, just know them for who they are, not their gender, and if they are infact using their gender as a way to appear interesting and people don't make a big deal out of the concept, then their facade will be dropped. But for some people it's really important that they are accepted as who they are be it male female or something in between, and once you accept them as such their gender should not matter at all to anyone but themselves.

The real kicker of all of this is, it does not matter what people want to be, it will almost in every case have no affect on you at all, so just accept someone as being male female or whatever the forget they want to be even if it doesn't match their appearance or how their voice sounds, because the only person it really matters is to that person and their inner struggle with gender dysphoria

After reading all this if you have any questions, send me a pm, make a post here, google something, add me on steam, I will happily answer them

TL;DR: If you are not going to read this explanation of gender dysphoria then you have no place to argue about how it works or how you think it should work
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 12:53:42 AM by Swollow »

lol showing "awareness" for your cause or belief is some condescending lazy stuff.

lol showing "awareness" for your cause or belief is some condescending lazy stuff.
wh

Why do we have only one day to celebrate America but an entire month for lgbt? That's messed up.

Why do we have only one day to celebrate America but an entire month for lgbt? That's messed up.
Because approx. 10% of the global population isn't American, but they are lgbt.

With this said, January is now China month, and August is India month.