stufflord's youtube video gets stolen [RESOLVED]

Author Topic: stufflord's youtube video gets stolen [RESOLVED]  (Read 2440 times)

alright so volume warning first cause most of these links will contain VERY loud stuff

me and honno were browsing around and found a bunch of videos we thought were funny and we put them into a comp and uploaded it on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnmB6ES1xHo

this was originally at Apr 24, 2016

it only has 194 views as of right now and my channel isnt really that popular

me and theblackparrot were browsing dank webm comps tonight and found this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVAlFDnto9Y

obviously my same video, but the poster of this added a few things at the end

apparently he got it from "The Meme Man 2: Memes Strike Back" at https://www.facebook.com/VivaLaMemeMan/

no credit given to me at all, and that guys video has loving 26k views as of right now

im pissed, my stuff got stolen and look how popular it is on OTHER PEOPLES channels

really need to vent right now, discuss anything similar that happened to you or what else i should do

i left a comment on the youtubers discussion page and told him that i originally made and and asked if he could either take it down or give me credit, if he doesn't reply in at least like 4 days im going to see if i can get it taken down or something
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 05:31:51 PM by shitlord »

checked the facebook

then give the credit you loving cunt

checked the facebook

then give the credit you loving cunt

to be honest im not going to link every single video that i put in the comp for credit and this guy uploads bulk stuff so i can understand that hes not going to take the time to give credit on every video but i think its just bullstuff that it gets cycled back through the poop-shoot and into youtube again and has 26k views all the sudden

it would be hypocritical for me to expect that guy to give credit when i didnt even give credit to the guys that made the videos inside of my comp

but if someone said hey i made the video at 0:22 or something i would be like oh yeah sure and i would put their name in the desc

guess my situation is a little different when you're searching memes that have been reposted 5000 times on vine and when you're watching ONE video by ONE person on youtube and their name is right there
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 04:14:56 AM by shitlord »

what a twat, report this forgeter

it doesn't matter if they say it isn't theirs, I'm pretty sure its against TOS to take other peoples content

you didn't really make any of it it all
all of the content in your video is just a compilation of other people's content
its like taking a chick from its parent and throwing it in a bin with 12 different chicks from different parents
you didn't birth them, the parents did

even though this seems to be not the case but he could have also coincidentally compiled the same webms and whatnot

all of the content in your video is just a compilation of other people's content
its like taking a chick from its parent and throwing it in a bin with 12 different chicks from different parents

back to this:

guess my situation is a little different when you're searching memes that have been reposted 5000 times on vine and when you're watching ONE video by ONE person on youtube and their name is right there

i cant credit my stuff when its already reposted on someone elses page on ifunny or vine from someone else's from someone else's from someone else's, etc

but when this guy rips straight off youtube and doesnt say anything but its right there he can sure as forget put my name on it, atleast the guy that uploaded it to youtube had the decency to say that he got it off that guys facebook

edit:
even though this seems to be not the case but he could have also coincidentally compiled the same webms and whatnot

it has the same image i made for mine at the beginning, this is no coincidence
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 04:19:51 AM by shitlord »

It doesn't seem likely but i agree with the fact it isn't much of a big deal since the content wasn't yours to begin with, but that's just my look on it, however i can understand why you'd be pissed over his repost of your compilation with a shoddy addition of 5 short clips would piss you off, especially since he's the one getting rewarded for being a lazy cunt

back to this:

i cant credit my stuff when its already reposted on someone elses page on ifunny or vine from someone else's from someone else's from someone else's, etc

but when this guy rips straight off youtube and doesnt say anything but its right there he can sure as forget put my name on it, atleast the guy that uploaded it to youtube had the decency to say that he got it off that guys facebook
you're not getting my point
you cant claim content such as this as "yours" when its literally just a bunch of memes thrown in a bin
sure he took the video and reuploaded it with more stuff at the end but your video is essentially just multiple videos tied together
legally and rightfully theres nothing to do here but if you really are serious about it just takedown his stuff, its looked down upon though if it turns out to be a case of fair use since its just a compilation

Honestly, i think it'd be best to let sleeping dogs lie irregardless with this guy

It doesn't seem likely but i agree with the fact it isn't much of a big deal since the content wasn't yours to begin with, but that's just my look on it, however i can understand why you'd be pissed over his repost of your compilation with a shoddy addition of 5 short clips would piss you off, especially since he's the one getting rewarded for being a lazy cunt

yeah the main reason why im pissed off is because the comp gets 26k views SOMEWHERE ELSE than my channel where i uploaded it

its just bullstuff

you cant claim content such as this as "yours" when its literally just a bunch of memes thrown in a bin
sure he took the video and reuploaded it with more stuff at the end but your video is essentially just multiple videos tied together
legally and rightfully theres nothing to do here but if you really are serious about it just takedown his stuff, its looked down upon though if it turns out to be a case of fair use since its just a compilation

im not claiming that i made the videos, all i did was string them together just like you said

it is MY video all together however, i put it together, edited it, and uploaded it, the things that are in the video are not mine, if that makes any sense

a better example would be like how dell's computer is DELL's computer, but the parts in it belong to a few different companies

im not claiming that i made the videos, all i did was string them together just like you said

it is MY video all together however, i put it together, edited it, and uploaded it, the things that are in the video are not mine, if that makes any sense

a better example would be like how dell's computer is DELL's computer, but the parts in it belong to a few different companies
but if the content that you have tied together isnt your content then how would you claim that its yours?
you cant just expect to go "hey yea this box is mine but the shoes inside of it aren't" and claim that its yours
the only way youtube works on copyright claims/takedowns is if you have made the content yourself, the content you have created is infact owned by you, and that you fully believe that the entire video you comprised was content that you have created
im not trying to be a richard about it but if you make a false claim and it comes back on you you might be forgeted

he did edit the original video, give him some credit jeez. just because someone's collage is made out of pictures that may be taken from someone else doesn't invalidate the fact the collage maker put in effort and time to arrange the photos and such.

just because the actual videography isn't his doesn't mean his video is entirely the ownership of the collective authors of the work included

i feel like you're pulling this position/opinion out of nowhere knowing that you're going to incite anger/argument. it may not be your intent but you should know by now that these kinds of opinions are very flammable

he did edit the original video, give him some credit jeez. just because someone's collage is made out of pictures that may be taken from someone else doesn't invalidate the fact the collage maker put in effort and time to arrange the photos and such.

just because the actual videography isn't his doesn't mean his video is entirely the ownership of the collective authors of the work included

i feel like you're pulling this position/opinion out of nowhere knowing that you're going to incite anger/argument. it may not be your intent but you should know by now that these kinds of opinions are very flammable
i was trying to explain to him that if he tries to claim the video as his its going to be hard since the guy can just write back to youtube "hey you forget that isnt yours its someone elses" and it could bounce back and forget him over

i was trying to explain to him that if he tries to claim the video as his its going to be hard since the guy can just write back to youtube "hey you forget that isnt yours its someone elses" and it could bounce back and forget him over

I think i see where you're both standing on this but i'm pretty convinced that there's a misunderstanding; please correct me if i'm wrong; maxx is concerned about stufflord having the reprecussions of the failed claim bouncing back on him, but stufflord and conan are upset because they did edit the clips and such and want the claim to be filed because of the view count, when that could of been them with the influx of views and such? and the disagreement is on whether the strike would bounce back or not?

im almost 100% sure youtube gives credit for people's editing work. parody/collage works (eg including stuff that draws from other content) are allowed but not direct copies of other videos with minimal editing and no credit given.

its a very different thing to compile a quote list from a book, versus copy the same quote compilation, rearrange it and add one or two, and call it your own compilation.