Author Topic: Image Editing  (Read 1599 times)

I wasn't sure if I should put this in the photography megathread because I didn't really take a photo and it's not real life.

I was browsing the gallery for one of my favorite games (Shores of Hazeron) and I noticed this really beautiful scenic image

I wanted it as a background for my desktop, but the problem here is that it's

A. 1280x720
B. pixely and weird because the game is pixely and weird

so what i did was i saved it and cracked open GIMP so i could edit it. I enlarged it to 1280x1050 (using the Sinc (Lanczos3) interpolation setting) and since enlarging the image did... things... to it, I applied different filters with different settings to it to blur and sharpen the image until i figured it was presentable

I just made a better version by using the despeckle filter and sharpening/blurring important parts of the image

the result:

now i think it's alright, but is there any way I can improve it somehow?

i actually like it more now.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 03:57:22 PM by Frequency »

eyyy not bad! ive never actually tried making small images high quality in that fashion

im glad you posted this thread, i wanted to show this pic i just now did but didnt want to start a topic for it lol:

EDIT: i even gave it a pass with instagram filters:

i like to prntscn pics from p3d.in of models and do em up in photoshop:
http://p3d.in/Bg8Ru
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 09:51:13 AM by mod-man »

that's amazing you did all that just from a screenshot of a model. nice.

that's amazing you did all that just from a screenshot of a model. nice.
thanks dude!! i was really happy with how it came out. i feel like i shoulda cleaned up the edges more, but the colors make up for it. i like the color in it the most

i didn't like how blurry it was so i edited it a bit

did you tweak the color too? i like it

i cant stop editing toby