Author Topic: politician greets parliament in 60 different genders  (Read 4365 times)

any time I hear "identity" and it's not the guy checking my license at the airport, I safely assume it's stupid tumbloner stuff

Like I'm seriously confused about all these Conservative attitudes towards LGBT people coming out all of a sudden. Is it Annoying Orange? Because I could've sworn the nation had pretty much agreed that LGBT couples had the same rights a while back. Is there gonna be a newfound tribal movement next?

based steffen Königer! a shame that no politican in the U.S has his balls. Sad!
I think there are MANY ways he could've given a more humorous or powerful speech before the parliament. Take this pastor's brilliant speech as an example--in which he actually makes a point:

https://youtu.be/A8JsRx2lois

I loveually identify as the Empire State Building
But you don't. And saying that to someone who genuinely identifies as a transgender woman would be extremely hurtful.

not really concerned about the rights of lgbt people (meaning them losing the rights). they have nothing left to fight for in America
offended trans woman on building
it's in poor taste to mock people but it's not anyone's responsibility to appeal. The reality is that they should just get over harmless ridicule
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 05:24:33 PM by Akio- »

not really concerned about the rights of lgbt people. they have nothing left to fight for in America
I think if you identified as an LGBT person you would have a different stance on that.

Let's take the new Anti-Transgendered laws (that's the T in in LGBT) in North Carolina. If you were a a butch, muscular, often even bearded transgender man being forced to go to a woman's bathroom every day, don't you think you'd want to fight against that?

Perhaps he could have made a better point, yes.  However, he was stating how rediculous such a formality other than "Ladies and gentlemen" would be.

Anyway, like I said before, wasting time and money on silly superficial things will not help nations become healthier socially, but rather become more mentally and morally deluded than it already is.

no because I would just walk into the restroom and use it, and move on with my day. idk how people even use public restrooms anyways gross

not really concerned about the rights of lgbt people (meaning them losing the rights). they have nothing left to fight for in Americait's in poor taste to mock people but it's not anyone's responsibility to appeal
they definitely do. there's de facto problems for LGBT people which are better taken care of with more hands-off approaches (legislating equality isn't something i tend to advocate for because you can easily end up in sketchy situations like what seems to be happening in germany), and in many states, there's a complete lack of many protections in housing, employment, etc that apply to groups like racial minorities and the disabled. the fact that there are still states like alabama and north carolina fighting the national government about these kinds of things kinda shows that there's still some work to be done. there's also always the danger that someone like ted cruz could take steps to undo a lot of progress that's been made recently.

but you don't have to care about it, and i don't think you should be expected to. not something that's particularly exciting if it doesn't affect you or people close to you, so i don't think there's any reason why someone should feel bad for not having much interest.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 05:31:31 PM by otto-san »

no because I would just walk into the restroom and use it, and move on with my day. idk how people even use public restrooms anyways gross
I think you've completely missed the point.

I think you've completely missed the point.
i get the point I just don't care about the point
also I was taking about using the men's restroom

would be extremely hurtful.
That's not an argument for anything

"Your argument resembles that of a circle"

that's a pretty good point, if there was one.

the problem is not the fact that LGBT have rights its that there are people trying to push laws that if you dont call someone by correct pronoun you will be punished