INH - Musket Pack!

Author Topic: INH - Musket Pack!  (Read 8769 times)

in my expert opinion you are not an expert

and even if you were, you wouldnt have the right to stuff on someone else to make yourself look better

It's not to make myself look better in any way. I just wanted to point out that they don't look like actual muskets to someone who has got enough knowledge about muskets since there are some common mistakes made in these models.

This was pretty much my first real try at modelling

If I were to remake these it'd be better

This was pretty much my first real try at modelling

If I were to remake these it'd be better

For a first try they are actually pretty nice, you don't have to remake them completely, but there should be some more details on them especially on the lock also the lock and the barrel need to be moved a little (embed the barrel a little deeper in the stock and move the lock more to the back that it is about halfway behind the barrel). A ramrod and a triggerguard would be nice details too.

Don't get me wrong, as I've first seen the muskets and pistols in Assassin's Creed they made me cringe too because it seems like they're based off non firing replicas (like these cheaply made Denix stuff) and they got some of the mechanisms wrong like the first "flintlock" pistol you'll get in AC IV which is actually a caplock pistol and anachronistic for that era or the "wheellock" pistol which is a flintlock with a whellock pistol styled stock.

in my expert opinion you are not an expert

And who made you the expert on flintlock weaponry?

I'll use it for my castle, I don't care what time period this stuff was in lol.

The first image made me think that you could block attacks with these weapons. What a tease.