Author Topic: Next Update Discussion  (Read 503 times)

There haven't been any updates for six months.

This could mean that a big update is coming, discuss.

what is up with that 2015

Or it could mean Blockland hasn't needed updates since the last one. We aren't exactly a perpetual beta early access title here.

We could sit here and speculate about when/what/why(/whynot)'s of the update but really the only people who can give anything that isn't mere conjecture about the update would be the developers themselves.

So unless Badspot or Rotondo or whoever decides themselves to discuss this stuff, we aren't really going to learn much any time soon.

Not to be a downer.

I actually do hope something big is planned

This game had a good and successful 10 years, prior to Steam, i'm not saying i don't appreciate this game or all the work that's gone into it, but from the perspective of the Steam community, this game's development feels pretty dead, there's only been about 12 updates that were mostly bug fixes since it released on Steam

Think about it, the Steam community doesn't have the kind of history with this game as most people here do, so they're probably wondering why there hasn't been any new or amazing things added to this game since it's 'release' or why the dev team is so quiet, inactive, and hardly ever post the update news on the game's Steam news page

They don't even know (or care) about the jump this game took for the shadows and shaders update, some of those people can't even experience that because the shadows either slow their game down too much, or their graphics card isn't able to support it, so they're stuck with this simplistic block building game with vertex lighting and glow in the dark textures and the player's light super-brightens a large portion of the ground plane in first person

There isn't any links to the forums for add-ons or help, Blockland's help menu doesn't mention how a Steam user can start a dedicated server, there isn't a link to the game's Steam page in-case you're playing the non-Steam version, it also says how to start a game using the old pre-v21 menu

Things like what i've said is why most people just take a glance at this game, goof around a bit and never touch it again, if you want to keep newcomers interested, you have to keep up the work to show that it's still alive and is a game with effort being put into it that will be worth your time and money

There isn't any links to the forums for add-ons or help, Blockland's help menu doesn't mention how a Steam user can start a dedicated server, there isn't a link to the game's Steam page in-case you're playing the non-Steam version, it also says how to start a game using the old pre-v21 menu

There is the message that pops up when you access the steam discussions, but that's about it, and its not even ingame