Author Topic: How would you turn $1million into $2million in a year?  (Read 2472 times)

Been thinking this for a while. How would you turn a million into two million in a year?

Property + renting out/airbnb

Best bet would be to purchase somewhat cheap property in developing areas. You'll hit paydirt if like, a new mall or hospital opens up and tries to buy the property off of you
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 09:49:53 AM by Path »

stock market
Yeah this is the obvious choice. I'd probably even hire an professional investor to do it for me.

depends on a metric forgetton of factors

for starters, how the forget did you get the first million?

Property
Probably wouldn't double your money through that in a year

Idk like inherit it or something

"Congratulations, you won!"

Yeah this is the obvious choice. I'd probably even hire an professional investor to do it for me.
if you play your cards REALLY right, depending on how you invest you might be able to get to 2 mil in 6 months, mabye more mabye less. the stock market is a minefield

Idk like inherit it or something
if you inherited it then it's almost impossible to double 1 mil in a year unless you have major economical knowledge or huge talents and business knowledge combined.

if you play your cards REALLY right, depending on how you invest you might be able to get to 2 mil in 6 months, mabye more mabye less. the stock market is a minefield
A quick Google search told me the average annual ROI on stocks is 7%. Trying to increase that to 100% will give you a pretty good shot at losing it all.

investing in stocks at this time isn't too smart

Economists have been predicting a tech crash since the 2000s. Investing heavily at this juncture would open the opportunity to lose copious amounts of money.

The housing situation has been vastly improving since 2008; its a much safer option and yields quick money

if you inherited it then it's almost impossible to double 1 mil in a year unless you have major economical knowledge or huge talents and business knowledge combined.

And that's why I created this post.

I'd imagine a %200 ROI in under a year is probably insanely difficult. Realistically I'd say the most reliable method would be hiring a investor to do it for you, but $2M is still a big goal. If your investor pulls that stuff off be sure to get me his name

EDIT: Gamble it :cookieMonster:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 10:16:39 AM by Rally »

you use the 1 million to fund a heist to get 2 million

Probably wouldn't double your money through that in a year
You'd probably earn money at a slightly faster rate than stock investments, and said money would be secure as forget
investing in the stocks is just a hugely riskier version and really isn't worth it (unless a company kills it with a new product or the economy magically improves)