Author Topic: Onminigamereset does not work anymore  (Read 605 times)

I can remember using this event heavily in a build a few years ago. It worked fine. I was using it to reset items and events after the start-up of each minigame. Now when I try t use it, it won't work. Here's how I'm using it.

Onminigamereset > namedbrick (shield) > setraycasting > x

But when I start a new minigame and walk over to the brick to click it, my event'ed chat messages won't show up. When I check it's properties, the raycasting isn't ticked. Which means the event didn't go through for some reason.

I'm gonna try reinstalling the game to see if it's because of some add-on...as usual. But if you guys know what's going on or have a better event that I can download, please let me know. I'd much appreciate it. Like a DOZEN of my builds depend on it.

Tried reinstalling. Didn't work. Help. HALP!

Are you using slayer? Do you have Event_Minigame enabled?

Nope. Just using the Blockland's Default Minigame. I've downloaded the Event_Minigame Add-on though. Do it's event only work with Slayer?I noticed it has a Onminigameroundstart Input event. Last time I checked, Default Minigames didn't have rounds, so are the events Slayer based? Can I get them to work with a Default Minigame?

OK...ok, found out the problem. When using Onminigamereset, you have to put in a delay of at least 500 miliseconds, or it won't work. Why? Go ask a programmer. Anyway, this solves ALOT of my problems, and I might finally be able to finish Blockland campaign without lagging my computer so much!!!! If you guys have any tips, ANY tips on how to make a campaign gamemode to post on here, lemme know. I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

OK...ok, found out the problem. When using Onminigamereset, you have to put in a delay of at least 500 miliseconds, or it won't work. Why? Go ask a programmer.
I thought this might be the case, wasn't entirely sure though
what I suspect it is, is that on the minigame reset all players are respawned
when players are respawned I think they have a period of protection from events, similar to holding a dwand

I remember players eventing in freebuilds and city RPs made floors kill on touch, and players had a slight delay after spawning before they'd die, so this has probably been around for a while
I think VCE also introduced something similar, where variables won't work for a few seconds after a minigame reset, but it could be tied to the respawning