Ideal GPU for blockland?

Author Topic: Ideal GPU for blockland?  (Read 1970 times)

Recently built myself a new pc, with a r7 370(i am a poor man), and while that's not a bad card, I'm having a bit of trouble keeping the game at 60fps with shaders max on higher brickcounts. I'm completely okay with lowering shaders, but I'm a little curious what would be the ideal card for playing max with any amount of bricks.

a 980 ti
but the 1080 is out now

and max shaders just kind of kills your frame rate, since you need to render the shadows so many more times

rx 480 in 2x crossfire just to get 30 fps

rx 480 in 2x crossfire just to get 30 fps
I don't think SLI or Crossfire gives any performance benefit in blockland since BL only uses one GPU iirc.

i have a nvidia geforce gt 610 that gets me like 60 fps maybe

but the 1080 is out now

and max shaders just kind of kills your frame rate, since you need to render the shadows so many more times
I don't know, 350 fps on max shaders is enough for me on a 750 ti.

i have trouble running it at 60fps on my gtx 960 4gb with medium shaders on high brick count servers, but just get a rx 480 or even 470 if you can wait

GTX 970 for the win.
not when you have rx 480 that releases in about a week, which beats the 980 for $200

I have a gt 720. It can run around 40 fps without shaders.

I don't think it's too bad.

I don't know, 350 fps on max shaders is enough for me on a 750 ti.
you aren't getting that much fps with any amount of bricks though

GTX 970 for the win.
with a gtx 970 i get 60+ fps with max shaders basically on any build except for the really big 256k+ brick ones but you rarely get to play on those

a gtx 280 will run this on soft shaders at 100 fps

i run max pretty well with even a gts 450 at reasonable brick counts iirc so idk if you really need too much, but there are much better options available