Author Topic: [Guide] Setting up ReShade for Blockland  (Read 5114 times)

Since I've noticed some users have been having problems with setting up ReShade, I've decided to make an in-depth guide on how to set it up.

Things needed before continuing:

Step 1: Getting the latest version of ReShade
Head to ReShade here and click on the Download button to be taken to the downloads section.

Before you go jumping to the first link you see, you're wanting to get the ReShade 2.0 client.
It's under the Alternative Downloads section here.

After downloading ReShade 2.0, you'll need to extract it from the archive.
If you haven't already, go on ahead and download 7-Zip because you'll need it.

Some computers may detect ReShade Assistant Preview.exe as malware, its up to you if you want to keep it or delete it.
It's not needed at all but to preview the shaders.

Step 2: Setting up the ReShade Assistant
After downloading, extracting, and making your way to the ReShade folder, open up ReShade Assistant.exe
You'll be greeted with a screen that has a bunch of sliders, just ignore them.

Where you need to go to is the Profiles tab.
After clicking on the Profiles tab, click the + then find Blockland
Blockland can be located in two different locations, depending on if you're a Launcher user, or Steam user.

Launcher User: C:\Users\(Your User)\Documents\Blockland\
Steam Users: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Blockland\

After selecting Blockland, you'll see a various options ( d3d8, d3d9, d3d11, dxgi, opengl ), click on opengl and then click Confirm.

After finding Blockland and selecting it, move onto the Presets tab.
From here you can set up various Presets, this however isn't necessary unless if you want to save different combinations of shaders.

Finally click the Shaders tab, here you can enable various different types of shaders.

After enabling some shaders, click save twice and you're done.

FAQ / Troubleshooting:

Q). I've enabled ( RBM / Ambient Occlusion / Other) but I don't notice any difference!
 A). This is more than likely because you're playing on Multiplayer.
   The developer of ReShade blocks access to the Depth Buffer on Multiplayer, which is used by those shaders.
   So unfortunately you're limited to playing Single Player if you wish to have those effects.

Q). I'm getting the error "error C7612: profile doesn't support more than 32 samplers", what is this?
 A). This is an error that occurs whenever you enable too many effects.
  In order to solve this problem you need to disable some effects.

I've posted this here instead of help because of two reasons.
One, this will likely get more traffic here.
And two, in case if I need to edit the guide.

I've followed this guide exactly, and I still can't get it to work. I have Intel HD 4000 Graphics though - do they just not compile the shaders or something?

I've followed this guide exactly, and I still can't get it to work. I have Intel HD 4000 Graphics though - do they just not compile the shaders or something?
Intel HD Graphics isn't powerful enough, nor do I believe they have the OpenGL version requirement.
So no, they won't work.

I have a Nvidia GTX 760 and when I click on "opengl" through presents after selecting Blockland.exe under my documents, it's still set to d3d9 by default and doesn't create the profile.
 Any idea why?
Edit: Figured out why, I extracted it improperly.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 08:12:21 PM by Death The Kid »