Author Topic: Torch Lights  (Read 7574 times)

Torch Lights
Replace the default light with a torch!

Features:

You can shoot it! Projectiles have a light, emitters, and do 10 damage per hit.
Hold it and use other items at the same time (doesn't take up inventory space, unless it's given to you as an item)
4/5 the range of the default light
CI and item icons
Also has three sounds - one when you pull the torch out, one when the projectile hits, and a crackling fire sound that loops when you are holding it.

• Press your light key or do /light to use. (Note: this is a server - sided addon!)
  • Super Admins can do /toggleTorches to turn them on/off. If torches are off, players use the default light.
DOWNLOAD
v1 (Blockland Glass)
Mediafire Mirror
As requested by SWAT One, and special thanks to Agent Red for giving me ideas on the model.

(Bugs: Using the torch as an item and then equipping the torch using /light leads to problems. This will be fixed later.)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 10:35:35 PM by Cruxeis »

oh this is cool

also the file's named with two .zips at the end

oh this is cool

also the file's named with two .zips at the end
Oh woops
Link is fixed now

....i dont understand the logic behind the shooting feature, but okay. as a melee weapon it would make more sense
it really peeves me that in the DOF picture the emitter is off. i know it isn't in actuality but asasjdglkasdfh.

it really peeves me that in the DOF picture the emitter is off. i know it isn't in actuality but asasjdglkasdfh.
Blame whatever was destroyed in the transition to v21 that caused DOF to no longer be able focus on players :(

Blame whatever was destroyed in the transition to v21 that caused DOF to no longer be able focus on players :(
It took me like 20 tries to get that shot lol

Nice, thanks so much!

It took me like 20 tries to get that shot lol
If you stand in an invisible brick, dof will focus on the brick which coincidentally happens to be in the core of the player.

Now make a phone light

....i dont understand the logic behind the shooting feature, but okay. as a melee weapon it would make more sense

What would be cool would be if you could place them on walls. Then you could use them like torches in minecraft.

What would be cool would be if you could place them on walls. Then you could use them like torches in minecraft.
thats
thats a really neat idea and wouldn't be all that difficult. you wouldn't need to do complex brick checks either; if its not a vertical wall, just make it stand up like a mc torch on the ground. the only part you'd have to watch out for is correctly checking for light spam since there's a server light limit and it would be good to respect that limit

Is there any way to fix it not working in dedicated servers?