2016 Blockland Summer Olympics - REGISTRATION IS CLOSED

Poll

Are you excited for the 2016 Blockland Summer Olympics?

Definitely.
5 (11.1%)
Yes.
5 (11.1%)
Maybe.
7 (15.6%)
No.
7 (15.6%)
What the forget is this?
21 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: 2016 Blockland Summer Olympics - REGISTRATION IS CLOSED  (Read 8188 times)

The 2016 Blockland Summer Olympics will commence in one week. The Opening Ceremony starts at 12:00PM PST. Check your timezone to know how many hours it will be ahead or behind.

Don't you think the two weeks notice is a little short?
To be honest, there isn't a lot of hype around this thing, most likely due to the short notice, and failings of previous attempts at this kind of thing

the build and concept are good, but i don't think that this will be executed well in the long run

the build and concept are good, but i don't think that this will be executed well in the long run
big community events do not have a good track record

:c

Did you two just unintentionally make Olympic based puns?

OP July 4th is too soon. Make it July 24th instead or something

the build looks good and im excited to see how this will be pulled off
but yeah it does seem a bit short notice

I really wanted to do it like a patriotic event but yeah it does sound too soon. So I guess we can start at July 11th.

I really wanted to do it like a patriotic event but yeah it does sound too soon. So I guess we can start at July 11th.
Aren't the Olympics about international pride?

Aren't the Olympics about international pride?
Yeah. But like I wanted to do it on July 4 cause there's always fireworks for our birth of the nation.

Yeah. But like I wanted to do it on July 4 cause there's always fireworks for our birth of the nation.
Yes, the day Earth signed a declaration of independence from the Galactic Empire.

Big shout out to Conan for making the Olympic Torch!

Never forget Bill Pullman's victory

You should've put the soccer field in the coliseum and made a smaller field for the track