Author Topic: [REQ] Dead By Daylight-like gamemode?  (Read 3394 times)

So I'm currently building a map for a server I'm planning on hosting in the future, basically it'll be an area in the woods with a house, lake, docks, etc., but after looking around I couldn't find a gamemode that suited my "needs".

What I'm looking for is a gamemode that has these elements:

- One "killer" player hunts down ~15 other normal playertypes, who are defenseless and must escape from him

- "Killer" is about a brick taller than the others to distinguish him from the other's and to intimidate also (he'll also be in a getup of some kind anyways), and will be slower than the "Escapees" for obvious reason. He's armed with a blade of sorts, some short range weapon.

- "Escapees" are normal playertypes who as previously mentioned are defenseless and must run from him, no changes to them besides maybe being slightly faster than usual.

- "Escapees" will win the round via activating generators or phones or something to trigger a police/rescue boat to appear in the distance, round is over once all alive players either make it to the boat or are killed off. "Killer" is unable to swim so he will instead only be able to walk a certain ways out in the lake in waist-high water

That's the jist of it, I have absolutely no experience with making gamemodes or anything, so I'm in dire need of either someone to help by making it for me, or to either teach me how to make said gamemode and develop it with me along the way. If you're interested in aiding me then please let me know, and soon there will be a Gallery post with pictures of the map once it's near completion, if you want to help in the development of the map I usually have a server up for when I'm working on it.

I can help you with addons.
I'm a semi "coder" modeler and a animator.

I can help you with addons.
I'm a semi "coder" modeler and a animator.
Oh nice, that'd be great!

contact me on Steam when you have the time at AutisticGiraffe

I apologize for my sins against humanity but it seems more appropriate here as it's a game mode instead of a suggestion towards the development of BL.

I apologize for my sins against humanity but it seems more appropriate here as it's a game mode instead of a suggestion towards the development of BL.
suggestions and requests are largely for addons, not BL development. gamemodes count.

BL's been in sort of development hell for a couple years now - both main developers are tired with developing for the game (confirmed by a trustworthy blocklander in person).

sounds like something you can rip out of the Texas Baby Massacre gamemode or whatever that was

but as the others said get out of here with your flimsy suggestion and request

suggestions and requests are largely for addons, not BL development. gamemodes count.
oh noice I'll move this over there then

sounds like something you can rip out of the Texas Baby Massacre gamemode or whatever that was

but as the others said get out of here with your flimsy suggestion and request
the forget is that gamemode

and you're flimsy