Author Topic: "this is a civilized game" message whenever anyone trys to talk.  (Read 1107 times)

I started up blockland for the first time in awhile, updated blockland glass and support updater, and now whenever someone trys to talk in my server the game throws the "this is a civilized game" bullstuff message at em and prevents their chat, a setting that I have had disabled for years now using RTB.  I attempted to fiddle with the blockland glass settings, but the hotkey did nothing, so i uninstalled glass and reinstalled RTB, only to learn that the only chat related settings RTB had was E-tard filter, which was already off.

how do I turn this full words filter thing(forget you for attempting to type efficiently filter) off, or at least fix the glitch where every word is seen as some sort of abbreviation?

Does it work if you just type random garbage in the field for what it's supposed to filter?

no, it blocks every chat message, even in freebuild gamemode.  could be a client sided addon.  but when players join they don't talk, so I'm assuming its affecting them too.

remove the contents of your etard filter. i have a similar issue where i cant turn etard off, but removing its contents works.

remove the contents of your etard filter. i have a similar issue where i cant turn etard off, but removing its contents works.

Aye! It worked, there was a single space in the "E-tard words" field, just had to delete it.

Thanks a bunch, now i can host again.  :)

Does it work if you just type random garbage in the field for what it's supposed to filter?

I just realized what you meant by this, that probably would have worked too.