Author Topic: I Have Exactly $168 to Buy a Computer to replace my 2006 Laptop  (Read 965 times)

I just noticed your avatar is from NCIS lol

Yep

I'm not even looking for a normal "just to play casual games" PC at all
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 12:36:20 PM by Doctor Disco »

My laptop can run all of these with 60FPS and you're telling me I need to spend $300< like what the heck . But unfortunately that can't be accomplished with the $50 laptop I'm using today.
what are the specs of your laptop?

also, i hope you don't need peripherals in that $168 budget. and i hope you realize that windows alone will cost you about $100

what are the specs of your laptop?

also, i hope you don't need peripherals in that $168 budget. and i hope you realize that windows alone will cost you about $100

I already have a purchased 64-bit Windows 10 OS install disk

Actually, I forgot to add. I already have accessories, a monitor, mouse, keyboard, and OS. (And HDMI/VGA cables)

as good advice this is, I've heard it a million times before and this was my long attempt to 'save up'
u could work a part time job that pays less than minimum wage and make that much in a few days.

did you get this '~$50 laptop' secondhand or on a discount

Got it on Ebay.
u could work a part time job that pays less than minimum wage and make that much in a few days.
Trying to get a part-time job, it's quite difficult.

so yeah secondhand
its retail price was probably a few hundred more than the fifty dollars you paid for it so it's not a $50 laptop (in price of parts)

also why did you say in one sentence that your laptop can't run the games you want to play and then in another that it gets 60fps on them?

also why did you say in one sentence that your laptop can't run the games you want to play and then in another that it gets 60fps on them?

Probably a mistake, I men't it can't run some of them (e.g. Cities: skylines)

literally impossible unless you go dumpster diving or maybe donald Annoying Orange wants to sell you his PC and wants to sell it really fast.

so yeah secondhand
its retail price was probably a few hundred more than the fifty dollars you paid for it so it's not a $50 laptop (in price of parts)

How much do you believe it would be worth used if I clear the hard-disk and it currently has Windows 10 on it?

How much do you believe it would be worth used if I clear the hard-disk and it currently has Windows 10 on it?
as much as a person is willing to pay
start high (like $150) and lower price 10 dollars every week it doesnt get sold
i personally wouldnt spend more than $50 on such a piece of stuff

You could probably get $180 if you cleaned it (like with water and a towel)

not much because it's from around 2008.

that being said, the processor (at launch, it's not worth much now) was worth $200.