Author Topic: I Have Exactly $168 to Buy a Computer to replace my 2006 Laptop  (Read 881 times)

$168, nothing more, and possibly less. I'm not that big of a PC gamer, but when I wan't to play games they're usually low end things like Garry's Mod, Blockland, Cities: Skylines, or TF2. But unfortunately that can't be accomplished with some and the $50 laptop I'm using today. I earned $168 in lawn work the past couple weeks, and I know there are computer builds that work for my visions. I'm not trying to spend any more than $168, and definitely not anything close to $200. I've gone over Part Picker numerous times this week doing research, but  I'm not all that good at it. So I'm reaching out to you guys to help me in my hellhole to find a computer that can run these things with at-least somewhat okay graphics. I'm probably not going to be buying the exact build, what I'm mainly looking for here are parts that could work for the build so I can compile it.
I hope you would be kind and help me out here.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 12:44:32 PM by Doctor Disco »

literally nothing
save up brother the computer that you want to build could maybe run doom 1 at 30 fps
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 12:18:47 PM by Daswiruch »

My keyboard alone costed more than the computer you want lmao

My keyboard alone costed more than the computer you want lmao
Good for you? Do you have anything of value to contribute or do you just wanna brag about wasting money on a keyboard

Good for you? Do you have anything of value to contribute or do you just wanna brag about wasting money on a keyboard
Jesus it's not like he could buy anything decent with that amount of money, he might as well save up

save up and buy the Potato Masher/buy the parts used

Jesus it's not like he could buy anything decent with that amount of money, he might as well save up
So tell him that? You bragging just makes you look more handicapped than you already come off as.

you're gonna need at least $500 to get any gaming computer worth having tbh. and you'll have to build it yourself if you want any value from it.

maybe you can search craigslist or some stuff to find cheap used parts or a used system that you can upgrade with cheap used parts. but i'd recommend you just save up.

as good advice this is, I've heard it a million times before and this was my long attempt to 'save up'

You'll need at least $300 to build a decent PC out of used parts and even then it's gonna be tough to get them

well when you spend ~200 on a computer you're not going to get anything that can game
you can maybe get an all-in-one prebuilt from bestbuy that can barely run games

I've heard it a million times before and this was my long attempt to 'save up'
Save up a little longer and you might be able to buy something worth using

as good advice this is, I've heard it a million times before and this was my long attempt to 'save up'
well then save up. any computer you get for under $200 will not be worth using.

if you want a computer that cant play games, just get a netbook, you can find a nice one for around $200
i mean you can play flash games and i could run blockland on mine

I just noticed your avatar is from NCIS lol