[BRICK] WM Grill Plates (Two New Bricks)

Author Topic: [BRICK] WM Grill Plates (Two New Bricks)  (Read 6036 times)

Who doesn't love the grill plates? I wasn't satisfied with what we had so I created extra pieces and gap fillers so they can blend in.
NOTE: Coloring is a bit tricky, FIRST color the special corners BEFORE you place the gap filler on top of it.

Brick_WMGrill_Plates.zip

Modeling & UV Mapping by WhoooMan

Developer's Notes

Update 7-10-2016
  • Added two new bricks.
  • Updated the UV mappings.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 11:22:09 PM by WhoooMan »

10/10 Q u a l i t y

You should make a mega topic for all your fancy bricks so we don't miss any

And with an option to download all at once

the side uvs are wrong:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 07:31:32 AM by Zeblote »

what do you use grill plates for grills?

the side uvs are wrong:

I just discovered why this is happening and I will work on updating all of the bricks to have correct UV mapping, stay tuned!

Quick update: Preview of the improved UV mapping in the works

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 10:14:22 PM by WhoooMan »

That's still wrong though... you're not doing these manually when we have figured out the exact formula long ago, right?

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=271142.msg8033989#msg8033989

Someone could probably create a small blender script to automatically apply these to a few faces.

That's still wrong though... you're not doing these manually when we have figured out the exact formula long ago, right?

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=271142.msg8033989#msg8033989

Someone could probably create a small blender script to automatically apply these to a few faces.

I'm following LeetLegacy's instructions in his brickmaking tutorial, and yeah I'm doing it manually. I don't write scripts for Blender, maybe port could?

Do you know if you could make an additional grill like this? Other than that, amazing mod!

I'm following LeetLegacy's instructions in his brickmaking tutorial, and yeah I'm doing it manually. I don't write scripts for Blender, maybe port could?

You just need to calculate 4 values per face to get them to look exactly like default. A script would make it much faster, but it's not required.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 03:45:59 AM by Zeblote »

You just need to calculate 4 values per face to get them to look exactly like default. A script would make it much faster, but it's not required.

I used your formula in the other topic and here's the result: