Author Topic: Should I even bother with this FB post?  (Read 793 times)

So because of all the tragedy happening lately, of course Facebook is blowing up like crazy. Everyone's either saying stuff like "my heart goes out to blahblahblah" or "those people are scumbag pieces of blahblahblah" or "If you think blankety blank about this recent event then just delete me."

It's ridiculously stupid and I'm sick of it. I know I won't make an impact on anything, but I also really feel like venting about it. So I had one of those fun moments where you type out a big long dealio and then just delete because you feel like there's no point.

...Only this time I realized, "Hey! I can just go on the forums and post it first because, ironically, they're less judgy then my Facebook friends." Plus I don't know you guys as well. So if you think badly of me, I'll live. lol

So what do you guys think. Is this even worth posting?:
It's always the same. Everyday, it feels like, I check online to see how people are doing, and instead I'm greeted with news of some tragedy. If that was it, I'd be fine. Tragedies are sad and all, but it's good to be in the know. That's never the end of it, though. There's probably 20+ people who all decide that it's their duty to go online and scream at the universe for how this tragedy- sometimes hundreds of miles away- affect them emotionally, personally.

Don't get me wrong, I sympathize with the victims of tragedy just as much as anybody else; but when we go out of our way to turn it into a personal, divisive, conflict, or a means of pushing one's own political or moral agenda into everyone else's faces, it becomes a problem.

When we use social movements that are meant to unite people as an excuse to blatantly cause division because of differing opinions, it becomes a problem.

And when we decide that not only are those who cause death, worthy of death, but if anyone thinks otherwise, they should be excommunicated, it is a problem. Lacking communication, understanding, and empathy is the ROOT of most conflicts between people. Cutting off any chance for any of those three things to happen can never help solve the problem.

I think your problem is sticking around on FB

First five minutes of replies are going to be people saying you're a douchebag despite this being pretty much correct.

i'm sick of social media in general, especially the people who post stuff about tragedies

literally everyone feels they have to have an opinion on stuff they're likely uneducated about (including me, being uneducated)

it's really bothersome and i honestly only have social media to laugh at the silly things my friends do

This is why I keep clear of social media

It sucks because It's stuff like this that makes social media terrible. But at the same time, I have a lot of friends that I can hardly keep in touch with otherwise. Not to mention I just really like being able to feel connected- I want to know what everybody's doing and how they're doing. But it's impossible without all this baloney in the way

It sucks because It's stuff like this that makes social media terrible. But at the same time, I have a lot of friends that I can hardly keep in touch with otherwise. Not to mention I just really like being able to feel connected- I want to know what everybody's doing and how they're doing. But it's impossible without all this baloney in the way

Get new friends

If you have to ask, don't. You're on equal plains with people who rant about tragedies if you're going on the internet hoping you're going to change their minds to rant about them. Life is so much more enjoyable when you don't get into stuff slinging arguments with strangers online over matters that probably aren't entirely relevant to you. Someone adamant about their beliefs isn't going to change their mind just because you yelled at them on Facebook. Do yourself a favor and leave them alone and you won't get your panties in a twist over it later. I see lots of political stuff on my Facebook, but I generally don't even give it a second thought, because it really doesn't matter. I have better things to do with my time instead of throwing words at a brick wall.