Kid stops in the middle of the highway to catch a Pikachu

Author Topic: Kid stops in the middle of the highway to catch a Pikachu  (Read 3691 times)

i knew you'd one day try to pass off satire as fact

your bait game is slipping, tony

maybe it's time to take a break

i knew you'd one day try to pass off satire as fact
or maybe he actually believed it. I'd keep an open mind to either possibility

hah Lord Tony believed a hoax website what a nerd

hah Lord Tony believed a hoax website what a nerd

If one digs through search engines looking for controversial bait news, then some of it is bound to be a joke.

there havent been any incidents with Go yet so

not to mention i literally just ran into a Pikachu when entering a store without looking for it so its not that hard to find

I hate these forgetin' 'satire' sites. Comedy, sure, but it's not satire. Satire is making fun of one specific thing. If I mock Badspot for having a cheese special interest by posting a bunch of pictures of cheese, that's really bad satire, but it's still satire. If I just make stuff up, that's not satire. Even better when they aren't upfront about being a comedy site. The internet is great for doing stuff like talking to people on the other side of the world, but it lets misinformation spread so rapidly.

I hate these forgetin' 'satire' sites. Comedy, sure, but it's not satire. Satire is making fun of one specific thing. If I mock Badspot for having a cheese special interest by posting a bunch of pictures of cheese, that's really bad satire, but it's still satire. If I just make stuff up, that's not satire. Even better when they aren't upfront about being a comedy site. The internet is great for doing stuff like talking to people on the other side of the world, but it lets misinformation spread so rapidly.
so do you hate it because it's not satire?
lol
i like these sites

^ It's not really comedy. It's funny, but that's only because they want to get it reblogged. Comedy would be made with humorous intentions. This is just a fake news site.

CIA should put out an Ingress style app where you have to plant homemade geo-cache style packages around major landmarks to earn Jihad Points

so do you hate it because it's not satire?
lol
i like these sites
No, I hate it because they use the word as an excuse to say whatever the hell they want. Should've been more clear, sorry. It's like those losers that say "IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO" after causing someone to run out into traffic.

As legit as scientology but still pretty funny.

this website is great

Some are poorly written or thought out, but they are definitely satire.

The Onion has articles that are usually satire of other real newspapers and their articles (such as their articles which make a big deal out of the mundane), or even satirical of the sort of events that occur in the world that news sites cling to.

It's just like the fake news stories and articles/radio/tv in GTA, which are a satire of real world ones.
The only difference is GTA makes it clear it is fake because it's in a game.
The real life satire sites mostly don't proclaim they're satire and can be hard to identify when their absurdity matches the real news.

"The hashtag #dontpokemongoanddrive has since started trending on social media."

oh my god