Author Topic: How can I politely tell my parents that they drive like stuff?  (Read 1764 times)

I mean seriously. I may hold the wheel with my knee sometimes but I use the turn signals, I flash my lights, never cut anyone off, I respect my lane, I go under the speed limit, and I stop at yellow and red lights and don't floor it at yellow/red.

On the other hand, my parents do quite the contrary and tell me to do what they do when I drive.

Like brother you win the lottery if you drove your whole life like that and still haven't crashed

"Sorry, you drive like stuff."

I mean where I live if you're going under the speed limit you're pissing off an average of 7 people but idk how it is in your country. All the other things are good and you shouldn't feel bad, but I don't think it's worth it to share your opinion of their driving if the difference in driving styles is so obvious.

stick it in her pooper
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 11:16:35 AM by Rad »

Stick it in their poopers

I mean where I live if you're going under the speed limit you're pissing off an average of 7 people but idk how it is in your country. All the other things are good and you shouldn't feel bad, but I don't think it's worth it to share your opinion of their driving if the difference in driving styles is so obvious.
Speed limits here are quite high. And people make them even higher.

I was driving on a route (two-way road with one lane each) where the limit is 80km/h. I was going at 90km/h because pressure from my mom to speed up, and people were PASSING me.

My mom is not a glorious driver just saying, and my dad just drives slow. Besides the big dent in the left front fender and front bumper (which were caused while I was driving, and weren't my fault) on our van, she's since added a few more scratches such as dragging across our garbage cans at the top of the street, sideswiping a mailbox at 50mph, and hitting a bike while pulling into the garage. Needless to say, I usually end up clenching my armrests at least a couple times when I ride with her, which is a rare occurrence now.

Now I'm not an ideal driver to look up to but at least I've never caused an accident.

"Excuse me, could you politely LOOK AT THE loving ROAD, WE ALMOST DIED"

but no seriously though, just tell her that they need to pay attention to there driving

tell them they're argentinian

I was driving on a route (two-way road with one lane each) where the limit is 80km/h.

You really need a taste of America.

of course the argentinian has to ask others how to be polite i'm kidding

Tell 'em nobody likes a backseat driver.

I was driving on a route (two-way road with one lane each) where the limit is 80km/h. I was going at 90km/h because pressure from my mom to speed up, and people were PASSING me.
yeah that much above the speed limit is basically treated as the speed limit where i'm from in the US. on a 90km/h (around 55mph) road, people will commonly go up to around 115km/h (around 70mph), it's just what People Do

but your parents should definitely let you drive the way you feel comfortable, because not doing so could be pretty dangerous

go up to around 115km/h (around 70mph), it's just what People Do

And then there's me showing up those people

Just say they don't really drive well and need to improve. Better then telling them I forget dogs