[Event] Apartment - Landlord like a boss

Author Topic: [Event] Apartment - Landlord like a boss  (Read 12051 times)

I was planning on doing stuff like this before except like I made an apartment with the space of 18x18 and then I have an empty 16x16 slot and they could plant their own baseplate down.

This is even better though.

Oh, yeah, someone need to poke this so it wont go below the perimeter of binned topics.

Great idea!  Also I haven't seen you for years.  Where did you go?

You thought this was over? You thought wrong. Bumping this.

You bumped it twice after there were no more updates or discussion left on this. I mean, man, this is one useful tool, but there's nothing more to say about it.

Unless you're gonna be making an improvement on it.

You bumped it twice after there were no more updates or discussion left on this. I mean, man, this is one useful tool, but there's nothing more to say about it.
the alternative is people never finding the addon because nobody goes digging through the add-ons board just looking for anything that catches their eye. bumping a thread, particularly in the add-ons section, is completely harmless

the alternative is people never finding the addon because nobody goes digging through the add-ons board just looking for anything that catches their eye. bumping a thread, particularly in the add-ons section, is completely harmless

Let's bump every addon in the addons section so that people can find it.

It's going to work, I swear!

Bumping it like this is to both make sure I can keep making updates for it without having to create a new thread(Which is even worse), but also to give people the possibility to be able to know about this add-on before it is lost in the Depths of Forgotten Add-onstm. Would you know about this add-on if someone requested its functionality 5 years in the future? I've been in both parties of reinventing the wheel and having an add-on die out.

Like an advertiser, you should take advantage of all possibilities to make sure the word of your product have reached as many as possible. This is my way of doing it. Of course, I will stop doing it eventually to make room for newer add-ons.

Bumping it like this is to both make sure I can keep making updates for it without having to create a new thread(Which is even worse)

Makes sense.

but also to give people the possibility to be able to know about this add-on before it is lost in the Depths of Forgotten Add-onstm. Would you know about this add-on if someone requested its functionality 5 years in the future? I've been in both parties of reinventing the wheel and having an add-on die out.

I don't really believe this addon will live for 5 years (neither will mine), but well, if someone requests the functionality in the future you just redirect them to the already-existing addon since you know about it.

There's still the two or three RTB archives, for example, that people keep redirecting others to when they request something that already exists.

So don't worry about your addon being forgotten!

Like an advertiser, you should take advantage of all possibilities to make sure the word of your product have reached as many as possible. This is my way of doing it. Of course, I will stop doing it eventually to make room for newer add-ons.

To make the word of your product reach as many as possible, you have to cross-link across threads. Which is not allowed.
You're just bumping it while there is no discussion for it.

I bumped my own addon saying I would update it soon and I ended up updating it more than a week later. Don't do the same mistake.

Marios go away lol

I'll go away once this is resolved. Don't worry.

Marios go away lol
What a rousing point of view to this discussion. You truly are the icon of human intelligence.

I don't really believe this addon will live for 5 years (neither will mine), but well, if someone requests the functionality in the future you just redirect them to the already-existing addon since you know about it.

There's still the two or three RTB archives, for example, that people keep redirecting others to when they request something that already exists.

So don't worry about your addon being forgotten!
I am not worried. The thing is that there's many add-ons out there and it is easy to forget about them. My add-on is so specific in its functionality that there's few that would find it useful and those that does it would design their server around it for the most part.

To make the word of your product reach as many as possible, you have to cross-link across threads. Which is not allowed.
You're just bumping it while there is no discussion for it.

I bumped my own addon saying I would update it soon and I ended up updating it more than a week later. Don't do the same mistake.
Whenever I go to this section I look for add-ons I find interesting. If I haven't been online for a week or two, I might miss some of the add-ons as I rarely dig deeper than the first page. I might have misunderstood why people normally bump their topics due to how I use the forum. The difference between a topic in the other forum and this forum is that the other forum contains mostly a discussion and if it dies, the topic dies with it. Add-ons on the other hand have their little area on the first page on the subforum to tell users about them.

Sure, if I keep myself active an try to check for users questions about what they want, then maybe I might find someone that are looking for one of those add-ons that already exists.

I'll go away once this is resolved. Don't worry.
I have nothing against you telling me this. I might even be totally wrong about what I'm doing.

just let the man bump his thread
the event is really useful

just let the man bump his thread
the event is really useful
Would you know about it even if I didn't bump?

Not directed to your response to Freek

You made a perfectly good point there, mctwist. And also responded very civilly; It's rare here on the Blockland Forums due to the amount of people saying it's rare here on the Blockland Forums and therefore encouraging others to be cold and sharp, no other reason.

At the last part, however, I was responding to Insert Name Here. Didn't you see how I quote his post?

Anyway, your response was so... Human, it actually brightened my night. Yes, night. It's 1 AM in here as I type this.

Good thing no problem users broke in to derail the thread while this was happening. Guess I'll be sleeping soon - The predicament is over anyway.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 05:12:43 PM by Marios »