Author Topic: [Event] Apartment - Landlord like a boss  (Read 12043 times)

Would you know about it even if I didn't bump?
i saw it originally when you posted it, but I think bumping it allows for more people to see it rather than it just getting buried in pages.

yeah bumping in general for no real reason isn't usually a good thing but in things like add-ons it's ok since it gives people another chance to notice something useful

speaking of this is really nice, I didn't see it until now

You made a perfectly good point there, mctwist. And also responded very civilly; It's rare here on the Blockland Forums due to the amount of people saying it's rare here on the Blockland Forums and therefore encouraging others to be cold and sharp, no other reason.
When I first joined Blockland people was behaving like they were above everyone else. I slipped into that as well. However, nowadays I don't do that and will try my best to not to offend anyone without a reason.

At the last part, however, I was responding to Insert Name Here. Didn't you see how I quote his post?
I am perfectly aware of that. I should have responded to him not picking a fight with you instead, to make it more clear what I meant.

Anyway, your response was so... Human, it actually brightened my night. Yes, night. It's 1 AM in here as I type this.

Good thing no problem users broke in to derail the thread while this was happening. Guess I'll be sleeping soon - The predicament is over anyway.
I'm glad I could be of help.

yeah bumping in general for no real reason isn't usually a good thing but in things like add-ons it's ok since it gives people another chance to notice something useful

speaking of this is really nice, I didn't see it until now
Great! Then I know that I didn't do this in vain. I'll leave it be later in the future anyway, to leave room for other add-ons.

I thought of the idea to add a feature but wanted to see if it's something that anyone will think is useful:

Currently to get build rights directly on the baseplate that got this event enabled, you need to manually specify which these persons are. I think that to make this easier to use, you only give one ownership over the baseplate and then that guy give permission with the trust system to those that should be able to build on it.

Maybe this is even expected to work out of the box... I'll make a version if there is anyone interested in this feature.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 07:08:33 AM by mctwist »

Code: (Changelog) [Select]
Added support for Trust system.
Added compatibility code for New Duplicator.

Due to this, it is recommended to avoid having more than one owner for each apartment. Relying on the trust system alone should be sufficient.

Now makes proper use of enabled events.

Let's bump every addon in the addons section so that people can find it.

It's going to work, I swear!
even My Paint set? the one from '08? on page 182?

edit: oh sorry im stupid didn't read the rest
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 02:17:24 AM by Starbound »

"Sharing is caring. But your rent just went up and I need it tomorrow." -Landlord
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 02:36:51 PM by mctwist »

Added method addApartmentOwner to ease the usage for the scripters
Edit: Fixed an issue with newly planted bricks
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 01:33:05 AM by mctwist »