Author Topic: Gamemode Settings  (Read 2941 times)

a simple mod that allows for gamemode creators to add gamemode-specific settings files to their gamemodes so hosts can easily change them around from the server settings screen without needing to use server commands.

the above screenshot is conceptual, i made a settings file in one of the default gamemodes to showcase the features developers can utilize. it's not meant to be a RTB server preferences replacement, but like an addition to the settings your presented with when you're starting a game

Download

there's an example.txt file inside the mod just in case. to make settings for your gamemode, you need to put a settings.txt file inside of your gamemode directory.

Code: [Select]
name NAME OF THE SETTING
variable $VARIABLE::TO_CHANGE
type bool (or string, list, number)
default DEFAULT NUMBER, STRING, OR LIST CHOICE
content (If you choose LIST as the type, make a '|' separated line of options. If you choose NUMBER, then the format goes as: MINIMUM MAXIMUM INCREMENT

separate the individual settings by spaces. here's an example (there can be as many settings as you want):

Code: [Select]
name Bakery Name
variable $BakeryGamemode::BakeryName
type string
default The Bakery

name Difficulty
variable $BakeryGamemode::Difficulty
type list
default 0
content Easy|Normal|Hard
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 08:50:40 AM by PurpleMetro »

wow that is really useful

This is pretty neat, but can't I do this with RTB Prefs?

some gamemodes may have settings that the user can change, but would usually require a restart afterwards (e.g., enabling a secret level in a click adventure, which jobs players can employ for in a city rpg) which is why this add-on lets you change it at the start of making a server

Or Slayer prefs.

Instead of %var @ " " @ %var you can just do %var SPC %var.

How is this supposed to work with dedicated servers? It's entirely client sided.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 05:33:04 PM by jes00 »

Instead of %var @ " " @ %var you can just do %var SPC %var.

Lol, this is simply user preference, like putting a bracket on a new line. I prefer doing %var @ " " @ most of the time.

Lol, this is simply user preference, like putting a bracket on a new line. I prefer doing %var @ " " @ most of the time.
It uses more characters and makes less sense. And it drives me crazy(just like when a .cs file has one line of code that just execs another .cs file)  :P

And it drives me crazy(just like when a .cs file has one line of code that just execs another .cs file)  :P[/size]
i agree to this so much, it makes zero sense

Does Speedkart on hard = Worse physics of all time?