Author Topic: [Events] Mount Player to Brick v2  (Read 4093 times)

Mount Player to Brick Events

The first checkbox in all the events is to do the teleport on the player(s).
Total list of events:
1.    output (Player)    mountToBrick    Mounts a player to specified brick by name.
2.    output (fxDTSbrick)  mountPlayerToBrick    Mounts a player to the brick.
3.    input (fxDTSbrick, Player, Client, Minigame)    onPlayerMounted    Triggered when a player is mounted onto the brick.
4.    input (fxDTSbrick, Player, Client, Minigame)    onPlayerUnmounted    Triggered when a player is unmounted from the brick.
5.    output (fxDTSbrick)    unmountAllPlayers    Unmounts all players from the brick, releasing them in their current spot.
6.    output (Player)    returnPlayer    Returns players to the positions that they were at before they were mounted.
7.    output (fxDTSbrick)    returnAllPlayers    Returns all players currently mounted on the brick to the positions that they were at before they were mounted.
Download
Dropbox
v2 (1.36 kb)

As requested by -Fate- here.
I actually made this a few years ago and totally forgot about it lol
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 04:46:23 PM by Cruxeis »

So... This will just keep making a new empty static shape every time a person is mounted to a brick and never deleting them.

So... This will just keep making a new empty static shape every time a person is mounted to a brick and never deleting them.
Thanks, i fixed it
v1.1 to v1.2:
Removed debugging messages (whoops)
If the brick already has a static shape, a new one will no longer be created
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 07:33:33 PM by Cruxeis »

This is a really great idea.  The first thing that came to mind was forcing players to walk the plank.  Idk why.

If I might request to add a few more events:

1.    input (fxDTSbrick, Player, Client, Minigame)    onPlayerMounted    Triggered when a player is mounted onto the brick.
2.    input (fxDTSbrick, Player, Client, Minigame)    onPlayerUnmounted    Triggered when a player is unmounted from the brick.
3.    output (Player)     unmountFromBrick    Forces a designated player off from the brick, releasing them in their current spot.
4.    output (fxDTSbrick)    unmountAllPlayers    Unmounts all players from the brick, releasing them in their current spot.
5.    output (Player)    returnPlayer    Returns players to the positions that they were at before they were mounted.
6.    output (fxDTSbrick)    returnAllPlayers    Returns all players currently mounted on the brick to the positions that they were at before they were mounted.

-really nice list-
1, 2, 4, and 5 are finished, I just have to remove my debugger. 3 is default (onWhatever > Player > Dismount). I'll work on 6 tomorrow.

Is It like teleporting or making the brick like some sort of vehicle or what?

Is It like teleporting or making the brick like some sort of vehicle or what?
It creates an invisible static shape at the brick location, and mounts the player to that, i believe.

1, 2, 4, and 5 are finished, I just have to remove my debugger. 3 is default (onWhatever > Player > Dismount). I'll work on 6 tomorrow.
Nice!  Sounds like it could be a comprehensive mod!

It creates an invisible static shape at the brick location, and mounts the player to that, i believe.
Yep.

Someone should make events to create static shapes with custom colors/textures

Someone should make events to create static shapes with custom colors/textures
hologram mod

With collisions
bricktronic made a mod like this on his coding server
you could spawn a cube, change its location and shape using the numberpad
and yes it had collision
you could make multiple cubes and make stair cases n stuff
its private tho

bricktronic made a mod like this on his coding server
you could spawn a cube, change its location and shape using the numberpad
and yes it had collision
you could make multiple cubes and make stair cases n stuff
its private tho
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=227254.0
scroll down

Update to v2:
Code: [Select]
Added events 3 through 7
Total list of events:
1.    output (Player)    mountToBrick    Mounts a player to specified brick by name.
2.    output (fxDTSbrick)  mountPlayerToBrick    Mounts a player to the brick.
3.    input (fxDTSbrick, Player, Client, Minigame)    onPlayerMounted    Triggered when a player is mounted onto the brick.
4.    input (fxDTSbrick, Player, Client, Minigame)    onPlayerUnmounted    Triggered when a player is unmounted from the brick.
5.    output (fxDTSbrick)    unmountAllPlayers    Unmounts all players from the brick, releasing them in their current spot.
6.    output (Player)    returnPlayer    Returns players to the positions that they were at before they were mounted.
7.    output (fxDTSbrick)    returnAllPlayers    Returns all players currently mounted on the brick to the positions that they were at before they were mounted.
Thanks to SWAT One for the pretty table