Copy and Paste Events - Client Sided Mod

Poll

Color Coding

Yes.
8 (61.5%)
No.
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Copy and Paste Events - Client Sided Mod  (Read 2476 times)

Just a preview of a mod I'm making. It's almost finished.
You can copy events from a brick and paste it all pretty onto the forums or you can copy someone's events that they posted on the forums(using this mod) and paste them onto a brick in-game. Can also be used to copy events from one brick to another in-game, or just to duplicate all of the events on one brick.

Makes events go from this: (The copy and paste buttons are in the upper right hand corner. Copy is on the left, paste is on the right)

To this(or vice versa):
Events (5 lines)
[X] 0   [0     ][onActivate][Self][setColor][]
[X] 1[0     ][onBlownUp][Player][ChangeDataBlock][No-Jet Player]
[X] 2[0     ][onPlayerTouch][Player][SetPlayerScale][1.3]
[X] 3[0     ][onProjectileHit][Client][BottomPrint][Success!][3   ][  ]
[X] 4[0     ][onBallHit][MiniGame][Reset]

It even takes colors from the setColor event and such and matches it to the closest color in the server. It also keeps named bricks too(it changes the target to Self if the named brick isn't on the server).

Any suggestions? Should I color code the events or something? What colors?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 03:47:36 PM by jes00 »

wow that is really useful

i will use thanks you

you and zeblote need to compile your client mods into a client_betterGUI mod or something.

and get glass to package it on default cause holy balls are these things useful.

holy stuff this is good, i can't wait for the release.

Now event sharing is is possible with the click of a button. Will download

why is the x button on THE WRONG SIDE

why is the x button on THE WRONG SIDE
I didn't do that. Maybe it's from a mod I have. I'll check.

This is a fantastic idea, jes
I really like the buttons

Damn, I wish I had this a while back when making engine events and stuff for airplane builds lol

Any ideas to improve/change the formatting for the forum text? I can't really modify it much after the mod is released or some of it might not paste correctly into the game.

This will make flickering lights much easier to do.

i suggest using a different character for the color value, [•] is a bit small. how about [█]?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 02:46:40 PM by Tudoreleu »

i suggest using a different character for the color value, [•] is a bit small. how about [█]?
█ Can't be saved in a plain text document.

Any ideas to improve/change the formatting for the forum text? I can't really modify it much after the mod is released or some of it might not paste correctly into the game.
if you can, avoid using tabs since not all computers display them the same.

I presume this would also support copying in <tags> since copying those into chatmessage boxes seems to always break