Author Topic: malwarebytes is blocking this website when blockland starts up  (Read 1936 times)

why is it doing that?

that happens randomly

i'll post console log when it happens again

I'm not sure so don't quote me
but that domain looks very suspicious your computer may be compromised by a virus or something that is sending data out to god knows what

I would recommend running some virus scans

You have an annoying stuffty virus that has made itself trigger things when you launch blockland, along with other applications. It's not that blockland malicious, it's that a malicious program is trying to make itself untraceable by triggering through blockland. I don't know much about removing viruses, but do these things to try and figure out how you got a virus:

1. Check your history if you've been on any miscellaneous sites that you don't remember going to. These sites often show up, when you go on another less malicious that will open up another browser and, without your knowledge, download a virus of sorts. These sites are most often found when you try and download something from an indirect site, try and watch pirated movies, etc.

2. If you're running windows, do Window+R(Run) and type appwiz.cpl

Sort them by their 'Installed On' date and look for any programs or applications that you don't remember installing. If you do see something that could be malicious, google '[Insert Program Name Here] Virus?'. If there are results stating that said program is a virus, google 'How to remove [Insert Virus Program Name Here] virus'.

3. Restart your computer, and open up task manager(Ctrl+Alt+Escape). With Task manager open, click 'More Details'. From here, sort your Processes by name, and look for any and all processes that may be malicious. If you see something that might be virus related, right click on the process and then click 'Open File Location'.

If the folder directory isn't located in something that you recognize, it's probably a virus, so search the process name or the folder directory name on google to see if it's a virus.

If all else fails, and you can't locate the virus, or you can't remove the virus even after you located it, then you should factory reset your computer. Unless you have terabytes of files on your computer, then it should be fairly easy to backup your files on a USB or something, and factory reset. It may be a pain to get all of your files back, or get your computer back to how it was before, but it's better than living with a virus.

Or disregard what drag said and don't nuke your computer/spend hours and instead run virus scans.

Believe it or not I use Windows Defender for my virus protection. I haven't had any issues with it.

i haven't found anything suspicious
malwarebytes and windows defender found nothing

i'm not going to do a factory reset because i have a stuffton of stuff

3. Restart your computer, and open up task manager(Ctrl+Alt+Escape).
By default, task manger is Ctrl Shift Escape on Windows, not Ctrl Alt Escape.

first result on searching that domain is an adware removal guide, if it's still occurring I suggest you scan harder.

I recommend nuking your drive from outer-space and using Ubuntu.

oh forget I have this too and I thought it was just a stuffty website support_updater was trying to connect to

I'm personally betting that this is being caused by an add-on somehow, maybe even on accident (pointing to an old domain that's been bought out?).

http://leopard.hosting/download.php?f=obkti&name=Client_ConnectTrace.zip
Install this, launch blockland, get the server blocked message, close blockland, upload console.log

Let's see what we find.

Code: [Select]
BackTrace: ->[connectTrace]TCPObject::connect
Attempted connection to zt1.november-lax.com:80 TCPClient  TCPObject
You appear to have a strange updater repo that leads to that link

http://swololol.com/d?f=Client_ListUpdaterRepos.zip
Please download this into Blockland/Add-Ons/

and then when you start up your blockland paste this into console
listUpdaterRepos();

this will find the add-on that has a version.txt containing that repo
after finding the addon you may want to decide if you need the add-on, if not I would recommend deleting it, if you want to keep it then just delete the version.txt file contained inside of it

please don't hesitate to ask other questions here regarding this issue