Author Topic: Computer issue : Monitor Out of Range (Still forgeted Pg.2)  (Read 2921 times)

I've stumbled across a really weird and specific issue yesterday, I opened up a game to try it out, but then my screen turned white and I had to turn it off, once I turned it back again, my monitor pops up a message saying that my Refresh Rate was wrong and it gave me it's number (53hz, I believe the original default was 60hz) and after the Windows logo, the screen turned black and I coudn't even reach the user selection screen, neither desktop after that (I use Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit by the way, and my graphics card is the AMD Radeon HD7700)

I did a lot of research to find a solution, turns out it's a software issue, the game somehow changed my refresh rate values and the monitor can't handle it so it turns in to black whenever I go into Normal Mode, but I am able to use the computer just fine in Safe Mode OR when I disable the Video Driver in the Devices Manager screen, but the screen is filled with some strange jaggered lines and colors, but when I boot it into Normal Mode again the screen turns black like I mentioned above, here is a link showing that similar issue up and how they solved it which is not working for me.
http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/what-to-do-with-a-blank-screen-after-changing-your-computers-display-settings/

The solution a lot of people had with this issue is by going into VGA Mode (Or Low Resolution Mode) When you press F8 to open up the advanced boot options, the screen can show up again and the video driver can be detected on the Monitor Settings (to reach there press right click, resolution, advanced settings) In there, there is an option to change the refresh rate, but since I only can reach windows into safe mode or disabling the video driver in the normal mode, it won't detect my driver there to change it back to normal, neither I can open up my AMD Radeon Control Panel to change it since it says that it requires the video driver to be enabled to work, here are a couple of methods that I was hoping it could be possible.

If there is a CMD command that allows me to change the refresh rate, or a program that changes any values on the monitor/resolution which could allow me to change it back to 60hz like it was, or a way for me to use the computer with the video driver enabled without the screen being black entirely, yes I tried unninstalling my video driver completely and installing a new one, but no luck, the refresh rate is still the same and I coudn't find a fix, right now I'm typing on Normal Mode with it disabled so I can use the computer.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 02:51:01 PM by Filipe »

Bump, I really need to get this sorted out

but I can't select it until I get the video card to be detected in safe mode
I think this is a driver issue if it cant be detected in safe mode.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 04:24:40 PM by Willco2 »

I think this is a driver issue if it cant be detected in safe mode.
I can see it in the Devices Manager list that my graphics card is there, but I can't access the AMD Radeon control panel to change it's settings in safe mode, it says the graphics card must be enabled in order to do so and it is, but I guess by default it's disabled, I want to know if there is a way to force it to work in safe mode somehow.

I can see it in the Devices Manager list that my graphics card is there, but I can't access the AMD Radeon control panel to change it's settings in safe mode, it says the graphics card must be enabled in order to do so and it is, but I guess by default it's disabled, I want to know if there is a way to force it to work in safe mode somehow.
Oh darn, that's all I could think of since I have an Nvidia card. Sorry :(

Oh darn, that's all I could think of since I have an Nvidia card. Sorry :(
The same process could be considered for both AMD and Nvidia cards though.

I changed the topic to explain better what's going on.

Nobody? Please.. I know this is a triple post but I really need to figure out a solution for this issue, if you happen to know a website that could help me out I'd also really appreciate that.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 09:45:53 AM by Filipe »

You can forcibly change your refresh rate in the Catalyst Control Center.

If you can't reach Catalyst in Safe Mode or Low Res mode, uninstalling the monitor in Device Manager might work.

Both of those links in the op give 404 errors.

You can forcibly change your refresh rate in the Catalyst Control Center.

If you can't reach Catalyst in Safe Mode or Low Res mode, uninstalling the monitor in Device Manager might work.
Woudn't uninstalling the monitor remove Catalyst somehow? Can you be more specific about this?

Both of those links in the op give 404 errors.
I changed the link in the OP, see if it works now.

Woudn't uninstalling the monitor remove Catalyst somehow? Can you be more specific about this?
I changed the link in the OP, see if it works now.
Uninstalling your monitor from Windows wouldn't cause Catalyst to be removed, that is a part of your graphics card software, not the display.

Uninstalling your monitor from Windows wouldn't cause Catalyst to be removed, that is a part of your graphics card software, not the display.
Oh yeah one more thing I know it might sound stupid since I'm not that into computers, I don't have another monitor available, if I unninstall the driver from my monitor, will I lose it's image? Like I won't be able to see anything anymore from that monitor? If I had another one I would have done some different tests I'm just afraid if this will happen or not, if not when I'll get back home I'll do the monitor thing you guys suggested.

Last time I checked my monitor is a LG Flatron E2050T-PN and it has a max resolution of 1600x900, I tried finding a new driver for it but no luck.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 10:23:56 AM by Filipe »

Oh yeah one more thing I know it might sound stupid since I'm not that into computers, I don't have another monitor available, if I unninstall the driver from my monitor, will I lose it's image? Like I won't be able to see anything anymore from that monitor? If I had another one I would have done some different tests I'm just afraid if this will happen or not, if not when I'll get back home I'll do the monitor thing you guys suggested.
There aren't any drivers for monitors, and there hasn't been a need for monitor "drivers" since 1997;  your video card deals with the monitor, not the OS.
Worst case scenario when you uninstall the monitor is that your screen will go blank until you restart.  After that it should be set back to the default refresh rate and resolution.