PSA: Requesting more servers to be hosted with Complex Weapons

Author Topic: PSA: Requesting more servers to be hosted with Complex Weapons  (Read 5888 times)

Thank you guys for your feedback, all of what you guys said is honestly true.
The models of this pack were all made in Milkshape 3d and I haven't learned Blender by that point yet, not to mention I never really was a "pro modeller" in the first place. I'd possibly ask someone like Khain to help me out with the models and, to be honest, I always considered my models placeholders.
Regarding particles and other stuff the muzzle effects are just shamelessly stolen from Bushido's Adventure Pack and could really use some work as well.
As for theming, I actually was just pulling random guns I liked into the pack and compiling them not by theming, but by weapon type - "I need an UZI, a rifle, a shotgun, etc..." so I didn't even consider things like making them all modern-themed or WW1/WW2-themed. My goal at the time was to get all the systems going with functional guns that felt fun to shoot and reload.

I want to ask, though, do you guys feel if the actual gun balance is good? I wanted to make sure that every gun stood up on its own and could counter any other weapon in the pack in the right hands.

Was playing on a server with this and only needed to use the shotgun once and then just spam pistol to finish job, balance could use work, was getting 10+ kill streaks.

I actually really like the models and the system, it's all good, it just needs more guns and that's it really

You should really do a ww2 pack with this, it would fit amazingly

« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 03:43:16 AM by cooolguy32 »

if you need i can bust out a set of models and animations real quick.

since i like this pack a lot and would like to see it used more im willing to do it for free and basically right away
but yeah, as others said, its mostly geared for survival play instead of normal pitched blockland battles. its not necessarily an issue but if weapons being realistic isnt a critical part of the gameplay style its detrimental to the game being played

id absolutely love seeing this implemented for a dayz like server.

you need to fix up the revolver and shotgun ammo system though since all the other ammo picks up on player touch except for shotgun and revolver

the models are fine, there are just no servers suitable for using them in

first of all I want to say the weapon system is really impressive and well made

that said, it's more suited towards very few, purpose made servers
so it wouldn't make sense for more servers to use it as a common add-on

generally if an add-on requires an instruction manual and isn't intuitive, it's not going to be popular or fun for your average player

Fair enough
These weapons WERE designed with a niche use to be perfectly honest.

more weapons pls and the snipr rifel is kind of odd how you're forced to scope in

What about using the weapon models from Frog's Weaponry?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 08:39:00 PM by tber123 »

why do people keep trying to use blockland glass? its literally worthless. only 1% of all addons are uploaded there

why do people keep trying to use blockland glass? its literally worthless. only 1% of all addons are uploaded there

Have to start somewhere

Well, if more people used it, more add-ons would be uploaded there. People liked to claim that RTB going away was horrifying. But yet they don't move on to the best replacement.

Transition to new services is a must. Theyve aways been pretty smooth between bjway_bandit, rtb, tbm, etc. 4 years after rtb there's nothing. I don't blame anyone for that though. Blockland doesn't have much of a future so why put the effort in?

would not be surprised if more people were still running IGSO than people running glass