PSA: Requesting more servers to be hosted with Complex Weapons

Author Topic: PSA: Requesting more servers to be hosted with Complex Weapons  (Read 5949 times)

would not be surprised if more people were still running IGSO than people running glass
holy stuff i think i still have a copy of IGSO floating around somewhere

what is igso
In Game Server Options. Same type of thing as rtb prefs pretty much. Badspot faillbinned it because it was poorly coded and kept breaking things. It marked the beginning of when Badspot really started to put his foot down on stuffty addons.

It came out right before RTB did if I recall correctly.

i like these weapons but they are more like weapons for a roleplay than a deathmatch

something like a city RPG would be great with these weapons

In Game Server Options. Same type of thing as rtb prefs pretty much. Badspot faillbinned it because it was poorly coded and kept breaking things. It marked the beginning of when Badspot really started to put his foot down on stuffty addons.

It came out right before RTB did if I recall correctly.
thank u
#40k problems

that must have been a super long time ago cause even ive never heard of it

R.I.P.  change map button

why do people keep trying to use blockland glass? its literally worthless. only 1% of all addons are uploaded there
i upload all my addons there. You should give it a serious chance before bashing it - whats better, a service that exists and is maintained even if it's slightly buggy, or no service at all?
plus its been around a lot less long than rtb, so obviously it pales in comparison at the moment.

tez what do you get out of bashing it? you might as well criticize it or suggest features instead of constantly call it stuff - scout may be a slow worker but hes gradually implementing features. its not like rtb was perfect from the get go either

also wow igso I havent seen that in ages. reminding me of the old days with green dup, no HMG and FCC + monkeyme/skeleme/etc

I have mixed opinion for this thread since it's shameless self promotion but in the other I would've never found out about this otherwise.

It's a cool mod for anything but a deathmatch. Like a gamemode that has guns but doesn't want it devolve to a RDM.
Now all that's left is someone to make an animation mod that adds more poses while holding guns, so they won't look like you're just one handing them.

personally they don't feel fun to use

you guys are handicapped these weapons are extremely fun. especially when you are going for a gritty feel. nothing gets the same level of adrenaline as scrambling to load in the bullets as you both run for more ammo

i upload all my addons there. You should give it a serious chance before bashing it - whats better, a service that exists and is maintained even if it's slightly buggy, or no service at all?
plus its been around a lot less long than rtb, so obviously it pales in comparison at the moment.

tez what do you get out of bashing it? you might as well criticize it or suggest features instead of constantly call it stuff - scout may be a slow worker but hes gradually implementing features. its not like rtb was perfect from the get go either

also wow igso I havent seen that in ages. reminding me of the old days with green dup, no HMG and FCC + monkeyme/skeleme/etc

i don't mean to bash it really.  i just feel that RTB started before blockland reached its prime.  And now glass is here, slow as molasses during the blockland decline.  i mean have at it, but it's only going to diminish at this point.

Like a gamemode that has guns but doesn't want it devolve to a RDM.

That's actually a pretty good idea, considering how the player has limited individual bullets. It would prevent endless rampages in CRPG because players would eventually run out of bullets and would have to buy more.

Blockland Glass is a really good service and I don't know why anybody would refuse to use it other than being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn.

This weapon pack is good and I wish it was used more, yes, but I can see why it isn't. The selection it has is lackluster and could be more.. themed? The guns are sorta just all around. Even still, 'skin' packs would be really nice to see, similar to how tier tactical did it. Those could be themed.
Things the pack doesn't have that most servers could use are things like an actual assault rifle, or smgs like the mp5.

Interesting idea, terrible execution and overall bad for gameplay.

My friend used this on his martial law server and it sucked compared to the original one. Cavik also attempted to use these on his MM and it was awful too.
Yeah people got pretty damn annoyed when they had to figure out how to load and what not. It always killed the playercount when id host with it.