Author Topic: heads up --- todays the final day to upgrade to windows 10 for free  (Read 2960 times)

from the microsoft FAQ (the red tint is from twilight running on my phone)

just a quick announcement for those of you who havent taken the plunge yet
i know a lot of you guys havent upgraded yet for a lot of reasons but i thought i should make this topic as a heads up.

yeah, i was planning on sticking it out until today to upgrade

goodbye, windows 7, I knew you well.

Upgraded to Windows 10, it's pretty mediocre tbh
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 04:08:55 AM by Eon »

literally just got a new ultrabook 2 days ago, put windows 10 on it later that night
phew

the last day i have to keep my defenses up

Got it first day, have not been disappointed at all. A fantastic operating system and I'm looking forward the upcoming increased functionality with the Anniversary Update.

Rather glad to get rid of WinXP and Win7 too. Quite notorious in my eyes for being absolute trash most of the time.

Got it first day, have not been disappointed at all. A fantastic operating system and I'm looking forward the upcoming increased functionality with the Anniversary Update.

Rather glad to get rid of WinXP and Win7 too. Quite notorious in my eyes for being absolute trash most of the time.

theres literally no difference i notice except for the new taskbar notifications.
every new windows its always the same of people not wanting to switch and hating on it but like lol its the same thing please get over yourself

at least windows 7 doesn't have forced spying that you have to disable through third party tools

>mfw using windows 8.1 and i don't have the upgrade icon

rip me

windows 10 can do no wrong amirite
do you really feel that the way you act is remarkably different from the people you complain about who think windows 10 is awful? you know what they say about horseshoes

This, except I got it later on.
Also, I really don't care about the privacy stuff.

i've been using windows 8.1 ever since i got this computer, it's worked perfectly for me, and unless microsoft is about to throw away an OS only three years old, i've had 0 problems with it. but, thanks for notifying me, that explains why they full-screened an update notification when i was typing something earlier

i've been using windows 8.1 ever since i got this computer, it's worked perfectly for me, and unless microsoft is about to throw away an OS only three years old, i've had 0 problems with it. but, thanks for notifying me, that explains why they full-screened an update notification when i was typing

a warning that you might be force upgraded if you closed it