Author Topic: heads up --- todays the final day to upgrade to windows 10 for free  (Read 3001 times)

a warning that you might be force upgraded if you closed it
nah, the one that does that is the one that shows up everytime you start your computer but it isn't full screened

i just clicked 'remind me later' so hopefully it won't force upgrade. good or not, that was still a sleezy move by microsoft

theres literally no difference i notice except for the new taskbar notifications.
every new windows its always the same of people not wanting to switch and hating on it but like lol its the same thing please get over yourself
WDDM 2.0 has been a loving life saver and has the added benefit of increasing game performance. The new Task Manager is FAR more detailed and gives more information, to the point that I don't have to rely on Process Manager anywhere near as much. The Start Menu's tile thing is actually really loving awesome, and lets me group useful applications together for quick-access. DirectX12 and UWP are going to be pretty loving swell, especially with the new Xbox games that are coming to PC. The File Explorer is just an enormously more pleasurable experience to use, especially for someone like me who has to manage hundreds to thousands of files daily. Microsoft Edge is a really handy low-cost browser to have on hand when Firefox/Chrome don't seem to be working right. There's more integration with my Microsoft account so I can get notifications directly about incoming emails and I can handle my Xbox account from my PC. OneNote is directly built in, which is loving awesome. The fact I can directly go to the Programs & Features/Admin Tools/Command Prompt just by right-clicking the Start Menu button has been a massive time saver. While I haven't personally used them yet, I do think that Cortana and the Tablet Mode are great features to have access to.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 09:06:40 AM by McJob »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1kGMCfb2xw
Tutorial on disabling Windows 10 spying on you.

wait wasnt the whole spying debacle just a tinfoil bandwagon?

wait wasnt the whole spying debacle just a tinfoil bandwagon?
it is

win7 master race

This was clearly the best version of Windows ever.

my only issue with win10 so far has been a bunch of stuff causing 100% disk usage

after disabling notifcations entirely and disabling onedrive it fixed it but seriously, microsoft?

OH WAIT I DO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH WINDOWS 10

this giant loving blunder called system and compressed memory

the fact that you have league of legends installed?
This was clearly the best version of Windows ever.
gotta agree, at least on aesthetics. very simple and easy to look at.

So will they just background update the cost out of my bank account now or what?

So will they just background update the cost out of my bank account now or what?
i'm not entirely sure
i think it just means that you can't get it for free via the deal thing past today
i hope it doesn't make the people who are already using it pay

inb4theads

my only issue with win10 so far has been a bunch of stuff causing 100% disk usage

after disabling notifcations entirely and disabling onedrive it fixed it but seriously, microsoft?
I fixed this by plugging in a spare harddrive i had sitting in my computer.
I don't know how tf it fixed it though because the drive was corrupt but eh my disk usage is way down.

-snip-
this giant loving blunder called system and compressed memory

I don't have that at all, how is it a problem with windows 10?????